Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2001 30' Classic S/O
2001 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 300 hp w/slide
Helotes , Texas
XC360 Wheels Question

Are all 6 wheels the same, and are all 22.5 wheels the same bolt pattern? I am considering purchasing a wheel to use as a spare. We were stuck on IH 10 for 5 hours until GoodSam could find a loaner tire to get us to a campground untill new tires arrived.

Thanks
lsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
All the wheels should be the same but one never knows who has done what before you got the unit.

The wheel model number, (if ALCOA) is stamped on the inside. That means you can read the number off the rear outside dual. It is a little more difficult to read the number on the front rim while it is installed as it will be on the axle end to view.

I have some info here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f313...ml#post1262288

My chassis is raised rail and yours is straight rail, so I can not say yours is equipped with the same rims. Also, Alcoa changed the rims at some point and now only offer the 8.25 as the standard rim.

You may not have room to carry a mounted spare if you have straight rail. Why not just carry a tire, and the service guys can change that on the road. It takes up less space and is lighter to handle and carry. Weight is always something you have to watch with the lighter chassis.

Stop by any tire shop and they will be glad to tell you what rims you have.

The mounting system for these rims changed about these years, (stud or hub centered) so ask an expert before you spend any money.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
Are all 6 wheels the same, and are all 22.5 wheels the same bolt pattern? I am considering purchasing a wheel to use as a spare. We were stuck on IH 10 for 5 hours until GoodSam could find a loaner tire to get us to a campground until new tires arrived.

Thanks
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote