Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1998 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
Rockledge , Florida
Slide out locks

My slide out control panel states "Be sure the slide out locks are removed before moving slide out" My unit does not have any "locks". I am assuming the locks are the ones placed between the wall and the inside on the slide out to hold it in the closed position for travel. Does anyone know if the 98 Cutters had locks? Are they available?

Thanks Lew
lewengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
The locks on my trailer are wooden blocks with a magnetic end. You stick the magnet end on a small wing which moves towards the inside wall of the trailer. Effectively the wing applies pressure against the block which is pressing on the inside wall. This "locks" the slide and prevents it from extending out. If you have the wings which move on the inside, I'm assuming that you should have some blocks which magnetically attach to the wings. I just steam cleaned the carpet and it's still damp. Once dry I'll take a couple of pictures so you can see if it looks like yours.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Hello Lew and welcome to the forums..

I didnt see what year your S/O was but unlike Jack's mine has manual locks to maintain the slide for travel. One end of the lock fits to a round plexiglass mount on the wall and the other end fits to a metal bracket on the actual slide. Maybe this picture will help you describe the application better.

Vinnie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rock guard 005.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	84507  

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1998 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
Rockledge , Florida
Its a 98 Cutter Motor Home but I think the Slide outs are very similar to the trailers.
lewengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Sorry Lew,

You lost me. Im not sure what a Cutter Motor home is but these locks are pretty standard in the RV world. You should be able to pick them up almost anywhere RV related.

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
I have a 2003 XL396 and have the same slideout manual locks as shown in #3. I have extras if you have a difficult time finding them.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
International Grey Nomad

1999 35' Cutter Bus Diesel Pusher
Bulahdelah , NSW Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
My slide out control panel states "Be sure the slide out locks are removed before moving slide out" My unit does not have any "locks". I am assuming the locks are the ones placed between the wall and the inside on the slide out to hold it in the closed position for travel. Does anyone know if the 98 Cutters had locks? Are they available?

Thanks Lew
I too would be interested in this. Mine is a 99 Cutter and the same sign is next to the control switch but there are no locks.

What mine does have are loops of thin plastic-coated steel cable visible above the inside top timber skirt. One loop is above the centre of the sofa and the other is above the sink. Perhaps these are where the locks go and the loops are used to secure the loop???????

My slide (it's a single slide MH) has a fair bit of "lean" as it comes in to the retracted position so the top of the slide meets the wall a couple of inches before the bottom gets to the fully in position so there seems to be a fair bit of 'closed pressure" and so no tendency for the slide to flop out at the top even when travelling slowly on some of the very rough tracks I like to get off the beaten track on.

Tony
Tony Lee is offline   Reply With Quote