Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2021, 09:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Conroe , Texas
Heater core replacement

On my 2000 Airstream land yacht motorhome 35XC on a freightliner chassis with the 3126 cat i need to replace the heater core. I have unbolted and removed the fittings and hoses from tge bubble box. That holds the core and evaporater. I cant get it removed from the front on the coach. Any secrets ?
Lford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:00 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Conroe , Texas
Well i replaced the heater core and evaporater since both were in the same bubble box. Tough job and no it wouldn't come out from the front hood. Took a while to drop it to the bottom but we did it. In the end all worked out and i have cold air from the dash ac.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:46 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1998 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
upstate , New York
I took out the bubble box down thru the bottom. Had to remove every thing from that side of the firewall (windshield washer reservoir, generator wiring, air horn etc) and the angle iron stiffener on the bottom of front clip fiberglass as well as the driving light support.. Still was very difficult, a lot of turning and twisting to get buy the frame and headlight box. I then took the heater core to a radiator shop and had them fix and pressure test it. Think this the best option as the original is copper and the replacements are aluminum (non reparable). Only problem was that I was unable to put the bubble box back in with the fresh air door vacuum motor attached. Just won't have

fresh air input until I figure out how to attach this motor when bubble box is on firewall.
AS-Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 06:30 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Conroe , Texas
Bubble box

I agree it was tough. I did install the vacuum assy for the fresh air after I had the box somewhat in place. Once again tough but I plan on doing that once. I also replaced the inside blower since the high speed wasn't working. Good thing since I found out the carpet guy covered the fresh air vent . Easy to trim . With the new condenser fan, expansion valve, temp switch, and filter I now have good cold air from my dash ac.