Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Flat-Front (Cutter, Clipper, XC, XL & Skydeck) Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2015, 07:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
Fulton Door Lock Key Blanks?

Trying to get a spare key for the entry door. Cannot find them online after starting with both the Lowes where I park the RV and then the good locksmith here in Alameda.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	249264

When I was first playing with the door lock I was unable to turn the red knob, since it was snapped off I assumed the lock failed before I bought it. Tried it again this weekend and it turns. I had planned on replacing the lock but turns out it's WAY different than most locks on the market. The post is on the door frame, not the door like most aftermarket locks. If it works all I really need is a key blank. Oh, and a red lever...

Any thoughts?

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Check another full service locksmith. I found replacement keys for all my locks at one. Even after several here said I could only get them from Airstream.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
My excellent old line locksmith, who has been around forever, still tells me he cannot get the right blanks for my 2014 FC 20. I got them from my AS dealer and the locksmith made the extra keys from them. Seems strange as they are a true quality locksmith, and have done some interesting sleuthing and finding the right blank for me on some pretty strange locks. One Airstream I had they found used a 1956 Ford key blank which left everyone shaking their heads.

Glad you found them at a locksmith AWCHIEF, cherish them.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
I spoke to Airstream and they do have blanks on their store site, but none looked like the key I have. I did order their deadbolt key blank just to see if it's at least the right key for my missing deadbolt key.

So I went to the super high end security place near me and got them to inspect my key. They looked everywhere and came to the conclusion that they cabinet key the first locksmith made for me was the correct blank. They figured it was just a bad copy. They didn't charge me just in case I had the same experience I did with the first copy.

I'll try it this weekend. Cannot wait to have a second key in case of losing this one.

-Randy
Old 10-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #5

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Check EBay. I was able to purchase mine pre- cut.

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
Finally got someone at TriMark

I sent them a picture of the lock and was told the model was an old 030-1000. No longer supported. I asked 4 time for a key blank and kept being told that it was not possible as there are thousands of keys and we need the number on the key to replace it. Finally asked to explain it to me like to a two year old and got her to tell me that they DO sell blanks and the blank for the key was the KS200, they go for $2 a pop. So they are sending me them.

My mechanic in the mean time had success in the same time frame, managed to take my key and make a copy onto a KS300 that he had access to. Cannot wait to have them both in the same room, but at least I finally have a spare key so my mechanic and I can both get in the RV whenever we want. Gonna have him start working on sealing the roof, take off the SkyRim or whatever those 4 fiberglass pieces are called and make it water tight. FUN!

-Randy
Old 01-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Hillsboro , Texas
Make sure to take pictures how they come off as I have to do the same soon.
I cleaned my wall covering with a steam cleaner they look like new.
Peter
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
Got a working key!!

Looks like my issue with finding a key to duplicate the door key that came with the RV was due to someone making the copy onto a completely different key type.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0705.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	257026
Square head on the new key

The Fulton key worked perfectly, but at all the locksmiths I went to the only key that was close was the Y13 cabinet key, although one mentioned a key C02 that was not found anywhere anymore. The KS200 key blanks I got from TriMark looked SO different that the first locksmith didn't wanna cut the keys.

I took the blanks to the RV and confirmed that they work on the door and after cutting I FINALLY have a backup key I can give the mechanic. He did cut his own from a KS300 that ~works~ in the door, but... it's rather tough to get to turn, almost like the Y13s that people kept cutting for me. The KS200 works as well as the Fulton that came with the RV.

Now I need to get my wireless FOB working. Replaced the battery, but it is unresponsive, perhaps I have a blown fuse. My step isn't working either, got to get a good fuse puller.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSchw View Post
Make sure to take pictures how they come off as I have to do the same soon.
I cleaned my wall covering with a steam cleaner they look like new.
Peter
The mechanic is talking about taking the top off the parameter. The piece is extruded aluminum. Lots of rivets to put back. He showed me that there are a LOT of missing rivets already. He thinks it will take 6 hours to remove & replace the two fiberglas caps and the parameter cap and long fiberglass sides. They think it will only take an additional 6 hours to do the same to all the furniture. They are writing me a quote for doing this and then removing the old sealant and spraying the fiberglass roof with truck bed liner. Not sure what I want to do.

What is a steam cleaner? My wife has a rug vac that you put hot water with carpet cleaning solution in one tank and then it sprays the solution on and vacuums it off. I would love to get the water stains off my walls. Once the mold is out I don't want to have to replace my sidewall covers if it's possible to get them clean. Is this something you rented or is it just what my wife already has?

-Randy
Old 02-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Hillsboro , Texas
I rented the steam cleaner which is actually a carpet cleaner with a smaller furniture attachment from Walmart.
Like I said worked great.
Peter
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:44 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by israndy View Post

When I was first playing with the door lock I was unable to turn the red knob, since it was snapped off I assumed the lock failed before I bought it. Tried it again this weekend and it turns.

-Randy
OK, I got the red lever installed today, it's like the lock is brand new without having to purchase a new lock or change out the door. If you have to install this it is super simple. It comes with a ring that holds the knob in place. Once the lock face is removed with a torx driver you drop the ring on the back side of the face. I held it on my finger tip while putting the face back. Screwed it down and pushed the knob in. So easy. I would post a picture, but it looks exactly like yours does.

-Randy