Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 11:04 PM   #1
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Clipper Goodyear

The joys of owning a Class A sometimes can be stressful????

First, let me say, I have not bought new tires for any vehicle for a long time. So, planning another coast to coast trip, I ordered and installed a new set of Goodyear G670RV 670X22.5 22 inch on the Clipper. NOT CHEAP!

This evening at 8:45, on the eve of a Holiday long weekend, 15 miles from home, just 215 miles after installation, one of my inside rear dual, failed. Have no idea what has happened as the tire shop will not reopen until Saturday.

I am not impressed at the moment.

Have to wait until the tire is removed to see what happened?

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:37 AM   #2
ShinyPete

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida
Hopefully it is just a failed or leaking valve stem. If it went flat and didn't blow (which sounds like cannon fire) maybe that's all it is.

FYI when we last re-tired our former Dutchstar pusher in '11, I eliminated a set of inside dual valve stem extensions for leak potential and replaced all stems w/truck-rated metal stems. It was a little trickier to check air on insides but I had read of too many leak downs due to extensions.

Hope this helps and that you are able to resume your weekend soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
ShinyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:13 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Could be you unluckily hit something on the road. It happens.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
You are correct and win the prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was indeed an unlucky hit. (Never would have happened if I would have left those old tires on?)

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1467473098

I am now trying to dream up a way to make use of this new modification.
Best I have come up with, is to install a spy camera in there?????? Any other suggestions?

Nearest tire available in in Kansas City, and earliest delivery to "The ISLAND" is anticipated to be about the 15th or the week after that.

Houston ----- We have a problem!

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote