Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2016, 12:55 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1999 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
Madera , California
Almost ready to buy our first class A, some insight needed

Hello everyone,

Great board you all have here, I have learned a lot reading through so far.

With the birth of our fourth child my wife and I are potentially upgrading from our small 25 foot trailer to a 35 foot airstream, a 1999 cutter diesel with under 50k miles. The final inspection is tomorrow and I'm wondering if there are any pitfalls with these I should look out for?

From my limited research I found this coach can suffer from de lamination but I have not noticed any on this particular unit. It does have some of the dual pane gaskets moving about, not too bad and some were repaired. Slide works perfectly. Very clean inside and out with minor (cosmetic) issues here and there that seem reasonable given the age of the coach.

I am mostly interested in how reliable the Diesel engine and drive train are in general. It appears to have been maintained well but I am not a diesel mechanic. Is it common for these to break down? I understand a diesel should last many 100K miles.

Thank you in advance for any insight. I hope to be a regular here if this deal goes through.
NathanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:03 AM   #2
Luminous

1983 27' Excella
Vesuvius , Virginia
Is the engine a Cat?
LY007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:14 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1999 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
Madera , California
Quote: