Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1990 33' Land Yacht
Jacksonville , Florida
Water in side walls

I need some advice: Apparently, in the few short months that I have owned my Land Yacht, some modest amount of moisture has gotten into the curbside sidewall near the rear of my coach.

I have some evidence of delamination on the exterior wall and corresponding interior wall. It is not a large area, and I don't believe (nor does the tech who inspected it) that I have a strucural problem.

Here is my question: How do I ensure that the moisture already infused into the wall dries? How does one rid one's coach of unwanted interior wall moisture?

I have sealed the roof and caulked the windows, and am confident that no new moisture can get in.

Boy! Do I wish now I had added that roof/window sealing maintenence to my list of stuff that was done before I drove the mh to Florida!

Talk about lessons learned! I just hope that no really serious water damage has taken place.

33' 1990 Airstream Land Yacht: Edelbrock, Banks, Gear Vendors, MSD, Taylor wires, Super Steer bell cranks, Bilsteins, Roadmaster sway bar, Safe Steer, Pressure Pro, Crossfire, Bigfoot levelers, Rickson 7.5" rims & 245/70 R19.5 Bridgestones on steer axle.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Smile Hi Taxman

Put in a electric heater in your trailer and turn it on. Then turn on the airconditioning this will draw out the moisture or if is hot in your area just turn on the air this will dryout the trailer.
Russe;ln in Sunny and dry Tucson Az.
RUSSELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1990 33' Land Yacht
Jacksonville , Florida
Thanks Russell.

It is going to rain here for a couple of days -- when the sun comes out, I'll do that.

33' 1990 Airstream Land Yacht: Edelbrock, Banks, Gear Vendors, MSD, Taylor wires, Super Steer bell cranks, Bilsteins, Roadmaster sway bar, Safe Steer, Pressure Pro, Crossfire, Bigfoot levelers, Rickson 7.5" rims & 245/70 R19.5 Bridgestones on steer axle.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/slide
Vermilion , Ohio
Frank,
Do you know where the water came in from ??
I have a 2000 LY 35
Street side rear corner,
I bought it in Sept 06
Im just quessing i can't find exactly where it came from
I think it leaked from the rear cap on the roof
and I think what happened was the rear end dragged in or out of somewhere and broke the seal up top.

But Im keeping an eye to see if I get and more water
I am just quessing thats where the water came from.

Rob
myfirstrv is offline   Reply With Quote