Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
New Bern , North Carolina
Rear Camera Removal

How does one remove the Rear Camera from a 2002 or equivalent motor home? It's a 30' Gas model LY. I tried asking this question by calling Airstream Customer Service but with no response.

The camera mount is riveted to the MH, and the cable is hard wired to the camera. Does anyone with my year or similar MH know if there is access to a connection inside the MH ceiling? RVCAMS tells me there should be but, even if there is, it must be way down stream toward the front of the MH. Then I still can't figure out how to unmount the camera without drilling out rivets. Any suggestions please. Thanks.
Steve
spat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Nawthin' , Hemisphere
I'd be willing to bet it will require drilling out the rivets, but a couple of pictures from you would help tell the story....

T & K

B4WEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
I don't know if yours is the same as mine. I have a mirror mounted between the upper cabinets above the bed, remove the mirror and you will have access behind the camera. Follow the cable down a couple feet and you'll find a disconnect. My MH had a removable plug that the cable runs through behind the camera. The disconnect is small enough to fit back through the removable plug hole and the camera removes from the bracket.

https://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
New Bern , North Carolina
Rear Camera connection

Thank you Gloran,
The cable and connection are exactly where you said they would be. Now I must admit, i NEVER would have thought to remove the mirror to access the connection. Thank you.

This forum is a great source of support.
Steve
spat61 is offline   Reply With Quote