Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2016, 02:20 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by pago cruiser View Post
kdullea - bummer! How the heck does that happen?

Well about three miles before the check engine light, I hit a football sized rock at 55mph! dented both rims. There was no way to avoid it! It must have jolted something in the engine and chipped a tooth on the dist? That is my best guess.
Got to a tire shop and they swapped rims with the spare.
Thank you four states tire!
kdullea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:44 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
lafayette , Colorado
kdullea Ouch!! I'm cringing just looking at the aftermath of that jolt!
Pago couldn't say for sure but here's what I do: use the truck frame ser# only & it will usually be a year older than the MOHO. Use Chevy p30 not 32 or workhorse or anything else. Look it up online call local truck shops to cross #s if needed. For something as hard to change as the sender I used ac delco as they are oem & accuracy matters. I've done it with belts,fuel pump, ac compressor & switches, rear jounces & airbags. I haven't had a misfit. I don't talk to the kid at Napa until I'm pretty sure of what I want. I think many go wrong using the year of the motorhome instead of the chassis. By the way I do remember it was the same for 60 or 80 gal
Throttle body pressure is about 12psi. If you get less than that you block the return line to see if you have a bad regulator. What do you think happens if you increase to 55 or 100? It's a low pressure system. You get a gas shower!