Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Louvered cover for courtesy lights

My '94 LY has courtesy lights on both the driver's door and the passenger side. These lights are about 6-inches long by 2-inches high and the louvers or vanes cause the light to be directed downwards. When I got this unit 6 months ago, the cover was missing on the passenger side. I called Can-Am (an Airstream dealer) to order one of these covers and they said these were no longer available. Does anyone know of a supplier of these louvered covers?

There are also a number of smaller louvered covers for safety lights (one under the dinette and one in the bathroom); I was able to order these, although they only came in gray (the originals are black). I did notice that the same covers are used to direct the defroster to the side windows.
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

I need too! Isle light covers

I am going to do a little searching to. There is in michigan that has been very helpful to me in the past. I needed some hard to find wiper hose connectors that go throught the body. They were the only ones that even pretended to know what I was talking about. I need to dip up some paper work and I'll make a call and let you know what I find out. Cross your fingers!!!
danwhite84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Spelling!

Good lord I need to work on my spelling or is it my typing? good luck reading that post!!!
danwhite84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Louvered covers for courtesy lights etc.

We now have a local AS dealer, and I've asked him to order these covers. Let's see what he comes up with (it's been almost 1 month now). I've also had to order a new dome for the skylight over the shower (the old one is showing its age and there are several small cracks, all of which have been patched over until the new dome comes in).

I also found out the hard way that the bathroom sink is made of plastic as is about 1/32-inch thick. A bottle dropped out of the medicine cabinet and cracked the sink - I've ordered a replacement made of stainless steel.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote