Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2005 26' Land Yacht Gas 26
Bedford , Nova Scotia
Intermittent Wipers?

Hi: I tried in the general motorhome section. Got several reads but no replies. So I will try here. The hesitation wipers on my 2002 26' LY often fail to hesitate but work OK on Slow or Fast. Does anyone know where the control module is. Workhorse don't know!.
Thanks.
Donald
DonaldW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I checked the other thread, and I think you should give people more than 6 minutes to formulate a response before you give up on a thread and start another one.
On most of those units, the delay module, if that is what you are asking about, is mounted on the motor.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
GEE,
another misleading title.
I thought this would be about someone having a senior moment, sitting down in the bathroom and forgetting why he was there.
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I believe Overlander is correct. IIRC, remove the black plastic motor transmission cover and the board is attached to the underside of the cover.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
They may have changed, but my wiper control module is mounted right of the fuse box under the dash. Black box about 3"x3".

https://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Might call AS. Now that I think about it, they may not use the GM wiper assembly...and since Workhorse doesn't know (they do source a lot of GM componentry), I'd bet AS is sourcing them for the coach build, not workhorse at the chassis build. AS could be using anything from anywhere.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2005 26' Land Yacht Gas 26
Bedford , Nova Scotia
Intermittent Wipers

Thank you people for the range of replies ranging from the anal to the useful. Contrary to opinion the control for the wipers is not on the motor as there are only three wires going to it as you would expect for self parking wipers. Additionally, the Workhorse wiring diagram also shows this. So the control unit has to be somewhere else. The large module beside the fuses I've pulled before and the wipers worked for a while. So now it is time to delve inside.
Thanks.
Donald
DonaldW is offline   Reply With Quote