Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
gitano

1997 33' Land Yacht
Livingston , Texas
Driver's Power Window Mechanism

Something has broken or come loose in the regulator for the drivers power window on our 1997 Land Yacht 33. The motor will move the window down, but clicks loudly when I try to move the window up. I was able to apply pressure in the up direction and help the regulator push the window to the top. The window stays up. The motor works just fine. There is some kind of shut off when the window is at the top, but it does not work now that something is broken. I did not find any broken pieces when I took the door panels off.

I can not see the follower or whatever acts as a screw drive. I also can not find any diagrams on the internet or in the owners manual. The clicking noise seems to be coming from the motor end, rather than from the follower. If I use the motor to lower the window, it will move up at some points. When it stops moving up, I can push on it and it will continue going up. There does not seem to be any breaks in the movement of the mechanism at the point where it works on the window.

Like some of the articles I have read, the motor is riveted in place. So, it does not appear to have been replaced in the last 23 years. What might be the best next step in troubleshooting this problem?
glistok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:05 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
2000 33' Land Yacht
Ball Ground , Georgia
Window motor

I just purchased a 2000Land Yacht. I know the window motor is bad, the question is this an AS Part or a Automotive supply part? Thanks

Gene and Elaine Thomason
Ball Ground Ga.
1976 31 foot Sovereign
2011 GMC 2500HD Denali
6.6 Duramax Diesel
AL’ UM- MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
I'd bet that it's an automotive part from some model/year vehicle. The hard part is getting AS to tell you exactly what year/model it came from. Since yours is newer than mine, it may be much easier. Seems like they've lost much of the information on the older AS motorhomes.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Post pic of motor and all identifying info on it.

And it’s Worth proving diagnosis is correct.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote