Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
Day Running Lights (DRL) 1999 Chassis

Hi All:

According to the owner's manual there is a feature that when the headlight switch is off and the tranny is in anything other than park and the A/P switch (yellow knob) is in the headlights should be on at a reduced brilliance (DRL) and the indicator icon just above the RPM gauge should be on as well. The icon is similar to the high beam icon (blue) located above the Speedometer.

On my rig, ASLY2000, the headlights are off in the above condition. Just wondering if they changed the wiring as my speedo is in Km instead of MPH.

Also where would the DRL module be located?

Thanks for any help.

Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Ontario , Canada
Sorry for the late reply but I'm just catching up on the last 6 months of posts. Bought my 2005 LY 30 in the usa so needed drl to get approved in Canada. Found the same notation but lights were not on. checked with A/S tech support who talked to a couple of techs that worked on the assembly in 2004-5 and they said there was no provision for drl except if you ordered a m/h for Canada delivery. So added drl. Turns out, the inspectors never even looked to see if I had drl.
woodytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
The 1999 service manual schematics show the DRL function which switches the headlamps in series thus providing extended headlamp life. This caused some confusion on my part as I could not find the components. In my case they installed a cheap and dirty fix using a "DRL" module that activates the headlights when the ignition is in the "run" position. In any case, this is a mute point for me as I have installed relays to take the load off the ignition switch from the headlights, because if it fails, the coach is dead in the water. I also installed a relay to further remove any additional power that was handled by the ignition switch. You can find the info by doing a search on the forum.

I assume that the original PO got scammed when the DRL was supposed to be properly installed/ordered according to the electrical schematic. That option and the "CSA" label was not insignificant.

I will post later with pics identifying the "DRL" module that was installed.

Just back from long trip and do not have the info at hand.

Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote