Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Bella, Dave, Thanks. My "hose" mostly a crescent, about half of it has just crumbled away.

A couple of weeks ago we took a long weekend, just about 100 miles to Calistoga at the north end of Napa Valley. It was about 95 degrees, and my a/c was blowing "cool" air. One of the longest 100 mile drives I have done, and only slightly better headed home. Now I will replace the hose and hope that is my only issue remaining.

I couldn't use the gen set/roof air: the gen set needs work, will only run for about 20 minutes. Maybe next week's project, just (finally) did a water dump and sanitize. The Napa Valley Fairground RV park had water that was not drinkable, but I had to put some in my tank and use the pump to work the sewer solution and spray out the black tank.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:42 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraYacht View Post
Bella, Dave, Thanks. My "hose" mostly a crescent, about half of it has just crumbled away.

A couple of weeks ago we took a long weekend, just about 100 miles to Calistoga at the north end of Napa Valley. It was about 95 degrees, and my a/c was blowing "cool" air. One of the longest 100 mile drives I have done, and only slightly better headed home. Now I will replace the hose and hope that is my only issue remaining.

I couldn't use the gen set/roof air: the gen set needs work, will only run for about 20 minutes. Maybe next week's project, just (finally) did a water dump and sanitize. The Napa Valley Fairground RV park had water that was not drinkable, but I had to put some in my tank and use the pump to work the sewer solution and spray out the black tank.
UPDATE: I replaced the white hose in the engine compartment first, hoping I did not have to fish the thick vacuum hose through the firewall, and just had a very pleasant trip to the NorCal Casini Ranch Rally.