Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2006, 05:22 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1992 30' Land Yacht
Bakersfield , California
Question Captains Seat Problem

I recently purchased a 1992 Airstream Land Yacht, and am experiencing trouble with the drivers side captians chair. I released the lever to recline the back and now it will not catch in either the upright or reclined position.
Whats the problem, can anyone shed light on this problem? Is the fix easy and inexpensive or costly? HELP ! !

Thanks

CarlGeo
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:45 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I am never this lucky, but it may just be stuck from non-use. Have you tried lubing it, or simply pushing the lever back down to engage the latches?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:01 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Dunsmuir , California
Do you know the mfg. of the chair? (Flexsteel has a logo on the armrest) I bet a call to the mfg. would yield some good advice - I'm pretty sure that Flexsteel Has a lifetime guarantee on the frame - don't know if that would include the mechanism.

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
Courtesy Parking (W/S/E/Wi-Fi) on I-5 in Northern California, 70 miles from Oregon border
guy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
Craftsman

I'll bet the catch is just stuck and not returning after pulling the lever.If you have to pull the covering up to get to the mechanism they are usually just attached with hog rings ( oval pieces of steel) that you can pull apart with pliers. Probably an easy fix.