Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2021, 01:54 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Shelby township , Michigan
Captains Chairs Color Code

I have a 1996 Land Yacht and want to refinish the seats. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the color code for the vinyl? I reached out to Airstream as well and am awaiting a response.
Chayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
Depending on whether or not you have shoulder harness seat belts, you might want to consider upgrading the seats to the newer style. Mine is a 1997 and it has lap belts, but no shoulder harness. My seats were made by Flexsteel and covered in white leather with Airstream logos on the arm rests.

Just after the new models on the MB van chassis came out, I visited the OH plant to see the construction techniques. The shop techs recommended changing out my front seats and replacing with the new style currently being offered. Those can be bought with manual or power controls and come with a full seat belt harness built into them. The Airstream logo is also on the armrests and some times in the headrest. I was quoted $750 each at the time but they might be more now. They bolt to the floor/frame in same manner as the original seats.
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:02 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Here is an update to my last post about captains chairs from the Airstream Factory. The Head Service Advisor sent an email saying now all the MB vans arrive at the plant with front seats installed. It has to do with DOT safety issues with the seat belts and airbags. He recommended searching for RV captains chairs online and select type needed. A basic search pulled up about 10 companies with prices that vary from $700 to $1500 depending on options and seat material.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:29 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1994 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Franklin NC , North Carolina
Airstream Seats

OK Mike,
What did youu buy after all your searching?
We're again talking of selling our 94 35" Land Yacht, but I'm still hoping to get over my 2 knee replacements. If not the "Roadhouse" must go along with my 6 antique cars. I hate the thought of that, bur age takes a toll.
Paul
Old 07-26-2021, 02:48 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Paul, your timing is great cause I just got back from the Airstream Rally in Lebanon, TN where I got good news and bad news. Spoke with 2 Airstream Corporate reps and both said the new Interstate RV driver and passenger seats are furnished by Mercedes, however the second row with the built in shoulder harness comes from a different source in Elkhart, IN. The National Parts manager said I needed to order them through a dealer so they can provide the parts numbers. No prices yet. I need to look at those closer to see if the seat base is like mine or do I need new bases also. These come with Airstream logo in the headrest. Plans are to reach out to the Atlanta Airstream Dealer for more info. Will keep you posted.
Sorry to hear about your knees. Keep me posted if you decided to sell. I know a retired Marine that wants a Landyacht like ours. I also talked with a solar guy at the Airstream Rally and getting new ideas about how to upgrade my system.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:05 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Mike,

If it's a diesel, I'd be interested and I live in GA too. Been looking for a diesel Airstream for a few years.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote