Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Madison , Wisconsin
On/Off Switch

Something to consider...I have a 12V switch on the hot side of my control panel. I got it at NAPA, it is a good heavy duty switch. While I have tested my panel for phantom loads (and have none ) I still shut off the system when I am not using it or actively charging it. I did leave a light (led panel)on for a week one time, it did not seem to cause a problem, but I too the lesson to hart & installed a switch.
Smokin Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
Thumbs up Xantrex installed!

Lewster,
If you are keeping up, I finally installed a Xantrex Prosine 2.0 this past weekend and all I can say is WOW! Worth every penny. Did away with the Magnatek and the pissy little inverter. I wired it into the GFCI circuit already in place under the bonnet and used 4/0 cables to the batteries via 300A fuse block. Grounded everything and let-er-rip. I watched the olympics for sever hours last evening on new 20" flatscreen with shore power disconnected and only pulled batteries down to 12.9 volts. I mounted the prosine on a shelf in the hole which used to house the old Audiovox TV. I will upload installation photos this weekend time permitting. Many thanks for the suggestion. Big improvement on battery performance.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #23
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunworks View Post
Lewster,
If you are keeping up, I finally installed a Xantrex Prosine 2.0 this past weekend and all I can say is WOW! Worth every penny. Did away with the Magnatek and the pissy little inverter. I wired it into the GFCI circuit already in place under the bonnet and used 4/0 cables to the batteries via 300A fuse block. Grounded everything and let-er-rip. I watched the olympics for sever hours last evening on new 20" flatscreen with shore power disconnected and only pulled batteries down to 12.9 volts. I mounted the prosine on a shelf in the hole which used to house the old Audiovox TV. I will upload installation photos this weekend time permitting. Many thanks for the suggestion. Big improvement on battery performance.
GW,

Glad you are happy with your new apparatus. You sure have a bunch of power at your disposal now!!!!

Next step should be a solar charging system from AM Solar (assuming that you will be off the grid for any extended periods). I have a 400 watt/300 amp-hour system in my service van (along with a Magnum 2000 watt sine wave inverter/charger) and it works great!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
Xantrex installation

Here are the photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xantrex mount.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	535.6 KB