Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 AM   #1
The Bluegrass Express

2000 33' Land Yacht
Mt Pleasant , South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to daveshrader
Smile 2000 Land Yacht 33' looking for other owners to communicate with

Hi,
We are new to the land of Airstream and have just bought a 2000 Airstream 33 foot Land Yacht.

We would like to find other owners of this year to communicate with about misc questions, thoughts and ideas.

There wasn't a owners (basic) manual with it although there is a deep chassis maintenance manual so I would like to know if there is one that someone could copy and send to me. I am just talking about routine overall general use of the systems and upkeep.

This unit has 26,000 miles on it so it looks and feels almost new. It has been extremely well kept and looks it.

We hope to do a lot of traveling across the U.S. and Canada over the next 4-5 years and to especially stop at any Bluegrass festivals or other events that look interesting.

We are retired and free to go and come anytime - what a wonderful place to be.

Happy motoring to all!
Mt Pleasant, SC
daveshrader@bellsouth.net
daveshrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshrader@
Hi,
We are new to the land of Airstream and have just bought a 2000 Airstream 33 foot Land Yacht.

We would like to find other owners of this year to communicate with about misc questions, thoughts and ideas.

There wasn't a owners (basic) manual with it although there is a deep chassis maintenance manual so I would like to know if there is one that someone could copy and send to me. I am just talking about routine overall general use of the systems and upkeep.

This unit has 26,000 miles on it so it looks and feels almost new. It has been extremely well kept and looks it.

We hope to do a lot of traveling across the U.S. and Canada over the next 4-5 years and to especially stop at any Bluegrass festivals or other events that look interesting.

We are retired and free to go and come anytime - what a wonderful place to be.

Happy motoring to all!
Hello, looks like you got missed, I'll bump this up to the top for ya.

Happy Camping!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/slide
Vermilion , Ohio
Dave,
Pat,
We have a 2000 LY 35
We just got it in sept 2006
This is our first Rv and Im in a learning curve,
from tires to hot water tanks I have no clue,
but hey Im learning or trying to learn
it nice to know people out there with the same year even if yours is a 33
regards
Rob and Karen
myfirstrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Welcome to the forums!
I don't have a MoHo but from what I understand many of the systems are the same regardless of size, and to some degree regardless of year. Don't limit your audience too much.
For specific questions I would recommend doing a search, then if you don't find what you want, ask away.
Nice to have you join the forums.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
Land Yacht Owners Manual

Dave,

Welcome!

I have a '95 Land Yacht 35' diesel pusher. I have the owners manual which is quite complete, but do not have a chassis manual. If this is similiar to yours we could copy and trade manuals. Believe there is little difference in the systems over those few years. Give me a rundown of brands of various items and I will see if Airstream continued installing the same from earlier years. I will help if I can.
John
Old 04-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Noblesville , Indiana
Land Yacht manual

Dave & Pat,

Have a look at this web page. It may apply to your coach as it works with mine. Most of the part numbers match up with my coach. Hope this will help.

John

http://www.airstream.com/airstream/p...B%20Pusher.pdf
Old 04-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
We too recently purchased a 2000 gas land yacht. Ours is a 30 ft. I too am on a learning curve. We did receive all the manuals, but like most manuals, there are still questions that I cannot find the answers for.

PM or e-mail me if I can be of help on manuals.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:08 AM   #8
The Bluegrass Express

2000 33' Land Yacht
Mt Pleasant , South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to daveshrader
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunworks
Dave & Pat,

Have a look at this web page. It may apply to your coach as it works with mine. Most of the part numbers match up with my coach. Hope this will help.

John

http://www.airstream.com/airstream/p...B%20Pusher.pdf
Thanks for your post. I am looking for a specific part "702306-06 Travel latch shower door" for my 2000 Airstream Land Yacht. Where would be the best place to go to buy the replacement part (Airstream or some other dealer)?
Mt Pleasant, SC
daveshrader@bellsouth.net
daveshrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Noblesville , Indiana
Dave & Pat,

Funny, I need the same part! I think the best place is through an Airstream dealer. Airstream (the company) does not sell parts directly, although they have been helpful in comfirming part numbers. If you call or e-mail they will provide answers and direction. As far as some of the other systems (kwikee steps, Fantastic vent, Acme A/C, and some others) I have gone directly to the manufacturer and have gotten excellent results. My unit came with a broken blade on the Fantastic vent. I e-mailed them and they Fedex'd a brand new one including motor at no charge. This on a 10 year old coach. Is that service or what?! I picked up a new motor and controller for the Kwikee steps on e-Bay for just over $100. Acme A/C sent me new pressure switch and thermostat for $25.00. You just have to look around and do expanded internet searches. I replaced the two flooded coach batteries last spring (could never get the cells filled properly) with Lifeline batteries and am more than pleased with the result. If you go to Airstream web site you can enter your state and find the nearest local dealer and the give them a call for your parts. BTW, I'm putting gas props on the queen sized bed over the motor and will let all know how that works out and will include pics.

We are off to the Grand Canyon in about a week, so happy motoring to all!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #10
Seriously New Rv'er!

2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/slide
dothan , Alabama
:::: waving :::: we've got a 2000 35' Land Yacht.... isn;t it a sweetie?? We're new coach owners, too..... still learning. We do have all the manuals for ours, though, and would be willing to have copies made for whatever you might want - no worries!

We're currently on the hunt as to how to have the basement door locks re-keyed.... so far, it's a mystery.
https://www.truesoaps.com
DebbieT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1990 33' Land Yacht
Jacksonville , Florida
daveshrader,

DW and I bought a well-maintained 1990 33' Land Yacht last November, and have been readying it for a three month trip beginning 1 August.

Our choices (limited by our budget, of course) in purchasing a motor home were two: older high quality or newer entry level gas Class A. Older higher quality won out, and we are pleased.

We have done a lot of work to the mh to bring it as close to modern-day drivability/safety standards as our resources and the P30 chassis permit.

We are slightly over budget on the improvements and needed maintenance, but we feel we now have a coach that will handle well and be safe for at least 40,000 miles with only routine maintenance.

The "home" part needed no work at all, and if I had been a smidgen smarter, I'd have had the roof sealed before I left Michigan on our trip home last November. It is sealed now, but some water got in before I got smart. Hopefully, no permanent damage has occurred.

Welcome to the Forums -- you'll gain a lot of expertise just by reading the threads, and make some new FRiends in the process.

Safe Travels,

FRank

33' 1990 Airstream Land Yacht: Edelbrock, Banks, Gear Vendors, MSD, Taylor wires, Super Steer bell cranks, Bilsteins, Roadmaster sway bar, Safe Steer, Pressure Pro, Crossfire, Bigfoot levelers, Rickson 7.5" rims & 245/70 R19.5 Bridgestones on steer axle.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote