Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Question Where are the 370s

Nick Danger and I are looking for anyone who has, or knows someone who has, a 1989 370 MoHo. He and I each have one, but we have been unable to locate any other people who have them. We're aware there were only about 15 made, but Camping World did a remodel on one early this year, so that one has to belong to somebody . On Fred's Archives, there are two older sales listings (2001) for two of them that had been for sale by dealers. If you know anything about the where abouts of any 370, please let Nick Danger or myself know. As with all the models, and especially this one, it's very helpful to have contacts with others having the same model. Nick and I talk back and forth about our units, but it sure would be helpful to find more. Rumors of ownership by several Hollywood celebrities persist, and there are also rumors that several are used by corporations.

Tim
noiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
There is a photo of the one that Rutger Hauer owned, circulating somewhere. If you have not seen it, I will look , as I think I printed it out for my scrapbook of AS Motorhome stuff..
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
There is a photo of the one that Rutger Hauer owned, circulating somewhere. If you have not seen it, I will look , as I think I printed it out for my scrapbook of AS Motorhome stuff..
I would really appreciate that. I had heard that Rutger Hauer owned one, and Nick Danger has attempted to get his attention, but no response so far. If you have access to a photo, that would be great.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 12-17-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
There was a 370 in the Alabama WBCCI a couple of years ago. I was parked near it at a rally but never got the owners name. I remember it had maroon trim and was beautiful. Maybe you can search out that chapter.
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Overlander
There was a 370 in the Alabama WBCCI a couple of years ago. I was parked near it at a rally but never got the owners name. I remember it had maroon trim and was beautiful. Maybe you can search out that chapter.
Thanks for this lead. I will follow up on this and see what I can find out. Appreciate anything I can find, as I'm sure you can imagine. If I do say so myself, they are beautiful things. I first saw mine in 2001, and fell in love with it immediately. I didn't own it until just this fall, and had no idea I would ever do so. The generosity and recognition of my appreciation for this coach is why my relative was willing to make sure I was able to get it.

Thanks again,

Tim
Old 12-18-2005, 09:45 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Smile 370 and Rutger Hauer

I just received an email from Rutger Hauer's web site. In response to my inquiry about him owning a 370LE, I was told that he had owned one a number of years ago, but he no longer has it. He now has an SOB. I greatly appreciate them responding to my question. At least we have eliminated one of the possibilities. Doesn't help us find any of them, but we are no longer speculating about this owner. Now, if we could only locate any others . Anyone know how I can find out what vehicles are owned by members of the Alabama WBCCI ? I haven't had any success trying to do that, and we have a member (see above) who saw one there several years ago.

Tim
Old 12-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Question 370 owned by Julia Roberts

I have it from a good source that Julia Roberts has a 370LE that has been remodeled for her use as a dressing room on the sets of films. I'm attempting to verify whether this is true. Who knows?, if Rutger Hauer's site has let us know he no longer has one, but did - perhaps Julia Robert's site will verify whether she owns one? I know it's a long shot, but so was Hauer . One thing's for sure; if I don't ask I sure won't find out.

Tim
Old 12-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
If she's really got one you could volunteer as an experienced driver too.
She may need advice, direct her here Tim.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:23 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenCoombe
If she's really got one you could volunteer as an experienced driver too.
She may need advice, direct her here Tim.
Good point ! No new driving skills needed since I drive one already. My wife may not be too thrilled about my new job, however . If she needs advice I'll do my best to give a good impression for the Forum folks like yourself .

Tim