Originally Posted by bweybright
Interesting appearance considering where you say it is stored. To me it looks like a mold and mildew issue. But in the dessert....
Has it been exposed to any major rain events and there are some leaky seams that let water in, then warm temperatures and things took off growing?
I was wondering something similar. I don't see any evidence on the walls near the front seats of a leak, but there could be something nearby.
The rear window doesn't close well, so there may have been some leaks there. There haven't been big rains but maybe there have been steady leaks over a period of time?
The thing is, it doesn't feel or smell like mold now, it looks more burnt. And there is no perceptible texture to the stuff near the front pillars. I can make no impression on it with my finger or fingernail.
I wonder if there was mold inside the material, under the vinyl surface, and then high temps burned it?
Has anyone here ever seen anything like it?