Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
streamquest's Avatar
 
1936 20' Clipper
1947 22' Liner
Curtis Wright
1989 37' Airstream 370
marshfield , Massachusetts
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 768
Vents

Does anyone know of a source for the chromed plastic louvered vents behind our front wheels??? Thanks, Charly
streamquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:54 AM   #2
Keen amature
 
martin300662's Avatar

 
1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,142
I think they are fairly standard marine louver vents available on eBay. I got some beige ones to add to Bella but then they could not be fitted on a small wheel Argosy.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
I think they are fairly standard marine louver vents available on eBay. I got some beige ones to add to Bella but then they could not be fitted on a small wheel Argosy.
Martin, would you mind expanding on why they won't fit on a small wheel Argosy? I have not yet tried to fit the ones I bought so now you've got me wondering!

Brad
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels, brake drums, windows & holding tanks left to sell)
bkahler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:15 AM   #4
Keen amature
 
martin300662's Avatar

 
1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
Martin, would you mind expanding on why they won't fit on a small wheel Argosy? I have not yet tried to fit the ones I bought so now you've got me wondering!

Brad
They are normally installed slightly above and to the rear of the front wheels (first couple of louvers overlap) but this fouled the inner arch structure on Bella (to the rear) meaning the could only go above the front wheels and it seemed pointless when the primary purpose was to release the hot air coming through the grill and past the front brakes.

Does that make sense? They seemed to be cosmetic only in the location they would fit.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
They are normally installed slightly above and to the rear of the front wheels (first couple of louvers overlap) but this fouled the inner arch structure on Bella (to the rear) meaning the could only go above the front wheels and it seemed pointless when the primary purpose was to release the hot air coming through the grill and past the front brakes.

Does that make sense? They seemed to be cosmetic only in the location they would fit.
Yep, makes sense. From what I remember seeing in pictures of Bella is the inner arch / floor area was done the way the 77 and later coaches were configured. Which is to say the floor runs all the way to the outer wall.

On mine the floor ends at the inner wall and the inner wall space is actually open from below all the way up to the bottom of the window frame. I'll have to check to see if that makes a difference in the placement of the vents.

Thanks for the info.
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels, brake drums, windows & holding tanks left to sell)
bkahler is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing roof vents to fan vents stgerdonly Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans 1 12-28-2014 05:42 PM
replacement a/c shroud? roof vents? Dave Cole Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 9 12-05-2009 07:00 PM
Vintage Hehr vents silverhawk Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans 6 07-18-2005 02:37 PM
WHAT kind of roof vents on my 96 excella dufrain Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans 0 01-26-2003 03:57 PM
Gaskets, vents, etc... Chuck Windows & Screens 3 10-27-2002 02:18 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.