Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
I second (or third) that. Barth made some very solid coaches and the owners are just as strange as us. We sure don't see many out west, but they always get my attention.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Yeah, well, some folks think I'm strange for using my Trailer Trash Queen title as shameless self-promotion...and they would be correct...I've got a $1 tiara(actually 2), a baton thingie that has finally quit blinking when I hit a bump, a silver thingie I never did figure out, a tootsie roll pop 'bouquet' working on its fourth rubber band, and an attitude befitting the royalty I am...yet there are those who would consider me strange...peasants come to mind, even though I be one...but I got class, flamingo ear rings that double as table cloth weights, a large supply of 16 ounce cups that...uhm...enhance my otherwise unremarkable bosom profile, a pair of fuzzy slippers in an appropriate shade of pink, and a shameless sense of politics that could have landed me in DC(my upstanding morals wouldn't allow me to stoop so low...or it could be bad knees...)...but, yes, there ARE those who would decry my status and accuse me of being different...I suspect that some of them own Airstreams, Barthmobiles, and those hideous fiberglass things...Lordy!!!it's hard to maintain nobility when you ain't got none. Until you have basked in the shade of a pink and white parasol, whilst sitting in a reclaimed recliner, brandishing a cheap beer in the middle of the desert, you haven't found a complete life...of course, that's only my opinion, but it's the only one that counts, and, as usual, it is correct...
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
OH!!!yeah, modesty is a fault, and I have none...
Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
Until you have basked in the shade of a pink and white parasol, whilst sitting in a reclaimed recliner, brandishing a cheap beer in the middle of the desert, you haven't found a complete life...
You are hereby quoted, and I agree!
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2XBW
I'm still looking for a "modern" (94-95) Airstream Classic Motor Home. Also looking at some nice used Barths. Would I still be welcome here if I ended up with a Barth? Are they considered "kin" to the Airstreams?
I'm very very pleased with my 95. Keep up the search! It worth the effort.

What's a "Barth"! Is that like worshing your hands?
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Google Barth, and prepare for an education...a worthwhile venture.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
Rivet Master

BRADENTON, On The Picturesque and Sunny West Coast of Florida, , USA, PLANET EARTH, MILKY WAY, LOCAL GROUP, SPIRALING SLOWLY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
Exclamation Talk to me!

TALK TO ME!

OK gang, I found another one! This time it's a '95 360 Diesel Pusher Classic. It's on EBay as: 1995 Airstream Diesel Pusher 1995 Airstream Diesel Pusher | eBay

Take a look and tell me what y'all be thinkin'. The owner assures me that the marred look on the front is a reflection. He has yet to forward me a clear photo of the front, but promised to do so.
If you have experience with this era of diesel pusher, please share your experiences. I've had a gas classic, but never a diesel and never a pusher.

TALK TO ME!
N2XBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Honokaa , Hawaii
No experience here, but I am surprised that nobody has hit the "buy it now" button on this one yet.
Waipio Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #29
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
The photo of the nose looks like a crappy repair job. I hope it is a bad photo!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Quote:
TALK TO ME!

OK gang, I found another one! This time it's a '95 360 Diesel Pusher Classic. It's on EBay as: 1995 Airstream Diesel Pusher 1995 Airstream Diesel Pusher | eBay

Take a look and tell me what y'all be thinkin'. The owner assures me that the marred look on the front is a reflection. He has yet to forward me a clear photo of the front, but promised to do so.
If you have experience with this era of diesel pusher, please share your experiences. I've had a gas classic, but never a diesel and never a pusher.

TALK TO ME!
I think it's a reflection. I'd get a better photo.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #31
Rivet Master

BRADENTON, On The Picturesque and Sunny West Coast of Florida, , USA, PLANET EARTH, MILKY WAY, LOCAL GROUP, SPIRALING SLOWLY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
Thanks, more photo are promised tonight or tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice about this particular engine and tranny combo? "Cummins 230 Turbo Diesel Pusher motor and a Allison 6 speed transmission."
Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Quote:
Thanks, more photo are promised tonight or tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice about this particular engine and tranny combo? "Cummins 230 Turbo Diesel Pusher motor and a Allison 6 speed transmission."
I really like mine. It starts and runs beautifully. Quiet and smooth with adequate power but not a hot rod. I get an average of 13 mpg driving 65. I put a Banks Powerpack on it which really wakes up the engine. I Posted a thread on the installation in the mechanics corner forum. If well cared for and maintained the rig should go 500,000 miles. If neglected and abused it could become very expensive to fix. I would have an experienced diesel mechanic check it out before purchase.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #33
Rivet Master

Photos of the '95 360 Pusher here:
https://skydrive.live.com/?sc=photos...1137&sc=photos

You will note that there IS a dent on the hood, and the AIRSTREAM decal needs replacing. The seller (his son, actually) told me that the spring is bad on the short road side front awning, but I'm guessing Zip-Dee will have the correct part(s).

I am about to pull the trigger on this one. Let me know if you have any major reservations.

Is there anyone in the Pittsburgh, PA area who would like to look this over with me?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #34
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Pic not working.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #35
Rivet Master

https://skydrive.live.com/?sc=photos...1136&sc=photos
Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #36
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
"This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to access it. Contact the owner of this item for more information. More info"

In other words, no photo there, dude.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
"This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to access it. Contact the owner of this item for more information. More info"

In other words, no photo there, dude.

Sorry, Frank. It works for me but I don't know what the problem in sharing might be.
-JW
Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #38

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2XBW View Post
Sorry, Frank. It works for me but I don't know what the problem in sharing might be.
-JW
Probably the permissions on the file or folder (or both) in your "skydrive" are set not to allow other people to see the file. It might be called "Sharing" or "Permissions" or something similar, I'm not a skydrive user so I'm not sure of the details.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Thumbs up Doing it!!!

In the next 2 or 3 days we will be the prowd owners of a 1995 Classic 360 Diesel pusher. We're ba-a-a-a-a-ck!

~( :-[o) D'oh!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #40
Rivet Master

DID NOT BUY!
The diesel pusher '95 Classic 360 we were ready to buy just had too many "minor" problems. These included sagging ceiling vinyl, two floor soft spots, one window ready to fall out of the frame, much broken plastic trim, dents, upholstery in rough condition. items missing.
Otherwise a good runner with only 39K miles, but wife stated flat NO THANK YOU at $29K plus delivery. I gave them substantially more than the agreed upon delivery fee, and told them to take it home. 1995 Airstream Diesel Pusher 1995 Airstream Diesel Pusher | eBay.

If you are a patient craftsman looking for a project, this may be the one for you. I believe the owner, located just north of Pittsburgh, is motivated.
It is perfectly usable as is, but there were too many "fix-it" items to suite me and my patience level.