Ok, maybe not the maiden voyage. But the 2 previous were very close to home.
Took a long weekend and put 310 miles on the 345. Had a great time up on the Brazos at a place I found on hipcamp. Big Rocks on the Brazos. Id Highly recommend.
Drove like a dream, getting just over 7mpg. I even looked down at one point and found myself doing 70.
This trip has also inspired me to keep a log of the trips we make in the rig. And to document some memories.
Few highlights from the trip
- Came up with a name for the coach SS Slug (Sleek Silver Slug)
- Figured out how to use the US Gear
- Fabulous spot sitting in the river
- Good times with friends
- No dogs! - They dont travel well in the Slug. Will need to take them on some road trips to get them used to it. Not sure how to get them to like staying in it while we are gone.
Few projects completed
- Cut several reflective window covers - need to buy more material
- Caulked the shower corners
- Tracked down and replaced the "door lights" - Search showed me other rigs call them something else but I cant recall.
Few issues from the trip
- Popped main breaker - probably running too many electrical cooking devices with the AC going. Right in the middle of cooking!
- Funny smell in the middle of the day. Nothing really running, not sure what thats about. Something from the new reflective window covers??
- Forgot the Firestick remote - dont really need TV, but wanted to try it out
- Found out the coffee maker turns itself off after some time. Nothing better than luke-warm coffee.
- Very little cell/internet service - Finally figured out how to hang my phone in the tree to get internet.
Im already looking to my next outing! Perhaps Ill just go sleep out there again tonight.