Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-04-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
1988 32' Excella
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Livingston , Texas
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 16
Replacing rear license plate holder + brake lights in 87 345?

Howdy -

The metal part of my license plate holder disintegrated over the years, so I'm on the hunt for a replacement that I can bolt in there along with replacing the seal between light assembly and body.

Anyone had experience with this? Have a product link I could order a new license plate holder at?

While I'm at it, I'm also wanting to replace the brake/turn signal lights with LEDs. I don't want to replace the whole light assembly if I don't have to. On the interior of the coach, I found some plug and play LED bulbs, but the connection is slightly different on the ones in the back.

Anyone know where to get some LED bulbs for the back of a 345 that are plug and play?
345 MoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:52 AM   #2
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 345 MoHo View Post
Howdy -

The metal part of my license plate holder disintegrated over the years, so I'm on the hunt for a replacement that I can bolt in there along with replacing the seal between light assembly and body. Anyone had experience with this? Have a product link I could order a new license plate holder at?
License plate light


Quote:
While I'm at it, I'm also wanting to replace the brake/turn signal lights with LEDs. I don't want to replace the whole light assembly if I don't have to.
Front amber LED turn signal bulbs

Quote:
On the interior of the coach, I found some plug and play LED bulbs, but the connection is slightly different on the ones in the back.
Can't help you here

Quote:
Anyone know where to get some LED bulbs for the back of a 345 that are plug and play?
LED tail lights

You wall also need this flasher.

LED flasher


Hope this helps.

Brad
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels, brake drums, windows & holding tanks left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted rear hatch apx 43x12 has license plate holder for 1973 airstream ballsteve Airstream Classifieds 0 10-22-2015 02:33 PM
License Plate Holder Lighting Question Gosman Lights - Interior & Exterior 1 08-08-2010 08:01 PM
License Plate Holder livexl Airstream Motorhome Forums 5 07-31-2003 11:07 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.