I started my project by cutting through the floor under the bed.
I measured from the edge of the rear right side storage locker
to get the best position to cut the opening. I ended up being
a little off but close enough.
After cutting all the way around, the wood panel would not come out.
It seems that they pounded a hardened nail through the wood into
the steel cross member.
I used a hole saw to cut around the nail. Then i could pull the
After getting it all opened here is what I saw. The mice have
made this home for a while.
This is a close-up of the hose connections.
Two hoses go to the left in this picture (actually the right side of
the motorhome) and two go the the right. One of the hoses that
go to the left is the one that leaks. I can't get to the leaky hose
yet since it it near the top corner of the tank.
You can see that one hose has a large gash in it but it does not
seem to leak. The hoses seem to be 3/8" and 5/16". I ordered
two spools of Gates "Barricade" fuel line. That is supposed to be
good for any type of gas or ethanol.
The one that goes straight to the left is pulled so tight that it
seems to be kinked at the fitting into the tank.
I don't know which lines are for the engine or the generator
or the vent or the return line. I will find out when I begin
pulling the new lines.
I read on the internet (only be truth there!) that ordinary gas
like passes one gallon of gas per year by permeation in an average
car. This Gates product looses less that a table spoon of gas.
I don't want to remove the sender unit to look into the tank
for rust because the tank is half full. It does not look rusty on the
outside so I am hoping for the best.
When the new hose arrives I will continue.