Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2019, 06:02 AM   #101
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Wayne, got the printing all sorted out now and overall the large weep hole cover is looking good. I'm having one test fit this weekend. The one issue I have found with the cover is the size of the loop for the rivet. It's to thin and will snap off after a little bit of flexing.

If I get some time I'll see about trying to make it a little larger in diameter on the outside wall and also try to make it a little thicker.

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:04 AM   #102
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneG View Post
Something strange with the forum. It claims there is a post on page 8, but it wont let me go to page 8? Maybe this post will fix it?

Edit to add, it works now, but whatever other post before this one that was on page 8 is gone. Maybe I need coffee?
Someone made a post yesterday and then deleted it. The forum software made a new page 8 but it isn't smart enough to know to delete page 8 if the post was deleted!
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
Old 01-13-2019, 06:14 AM   #103
Rivet Master

1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
Wayne, got the printing all sorted out now and overall the large weep hole cover is looking good. I'm having one test fit this weekend. The one issue I have found with the cover is the size of the loop for the rivet. It's to thin and will snap off after a little bit of flexing.

If I get some time I'll see about trying to make it a little larger in diameter on the outside wall and also try to make it a little thicker.

Brad

I was going to work on that ring, maybe make it's OD larger, maybe make it thicker. It could also use some bracing on the sides. I just did not get to it.
One other thought was to avoid the rivet or screw and use something similar to the front cover with a push pin method?
For now, my 3d cad projects are on hold while I get to other neglected things.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:05 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
I am now out of the 3D printing hobby. With the health issues worsening, I gave the printer to my brother to use. He has a company that makes specialty parts, typically wire EDM and CNC. I figure it will keep him busy.
Still trying to sell the Airstream, not much interest when it is below freezing and always snowing. Got the price bottomed out at 12K for fast cash sale. Otherwise it may be a royal pain to make a sale transferring title and such if the wife has to sell it after my time is up.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:38 AM   #105
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Wayne, I'm at a loss for words. I will say I'm totally amazed and impressed at how well you're dealing with all of this adversity. I'm pretty sure I'd be a total wreck by this time. Be sure and remind your wife we here on Airforums will help her in anyway we can with the sale of your coach.

While I haven't posted anything on the weep hole covers lately I do plan to continue their development using your models and ideas. Right now I'm concentrating on the window tracks which seem to be in demand. Thanks for getting me in to 3D printing, it's been an very enjoyable diversion from all the other tasks at hand

Take care and god bless.

Brad
Old 02-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #106
MI Cigar Man

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Westland , Michigan
Thoughts and prayers for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneG View Post
I am now out of the 3D printing hobby. With the health issues worsening, I gave the printer to my brother to use. He has a company that makes specialty parts, typically wire EDM and CNC. I figure it will keep him busy.
Still trying to sell the Airstream, not much interest when it is below freezing and always snowing. Got the price bottomed out at 12K for fast cash sale. Otherwise it may be a royal pain to make a sale transferring title and such if the wife has to sell it after my time is up.

Wayne,

My prayers are with you as you travel life's road. I have also been dealing with serious health issues and can in some small way understand. My help and hope has always been with a higher power and that has comforted me.

I second Brad's comments about the wonderful work you did on the weep hole covers. Your inspiration has been contagious. I am learning 3D modeling using Blender 3D and your start has been a real asset. I purchased a Prusa and am in the process of assembling it. I had our local library print your 22mm parts and they look great.

If you need assistance selling your M/H, I am sure that I can help get the word out for you.

Again thank you.

Robin
rhandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #107
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Robin, here's a link to the STL file with the AIRSTREAM logo.

WHC-67MM-V208_0.15mm_PET_MK3

If you want just the gcode here is a zip file:

WHC-67MM-V208_0.15mm_PET_MK3_0.15mm_PET_MK3

Brad
Old 03-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #108
MI Cigar Man

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Westland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
Robin, here's a link to the STL file with the AIRSTREAM logo.

WHC-67MM-V208_0.15mm_PET_MK3

If you want just the gcode here is a zip file:

WHC-67MM-V208_0.15mm_PET_MK3_0.15mm_PET_MK3

Brad

Brad,

Thanks. I just finished printing the PLA versions of the covers. 22MM, 22MM 7 Degree, and the 67MM. PETG will be next. I did get some of that from Prusa.

Robin
Old 03-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
Hang in there Wayne!
We need ya buddy!
Old 06-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #110
MI Cigar Man

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Westland , Michigan
67mm Weep Hole Cover updates?

All,

I have now been working with CAD software, making 3D prints and setting up my work environment for about 4+ months now. I am finally getting better results with the weep hole covers. I have a repeatable design from what Wayne provided. It's getting better. I have a few more changes that Brad suggested like: Better drain holes, thicker rivet hole, and improved clips to finish.

I did get some new types of filament and 3D hardware to be able to extrude them. That's next up after finishing the artwork, parts for filament storage and the Multi-Material adapter that I ordered (just got it a few weeks ago).

Anyone else have anything going on with the WHC's?

RAH
Old 06-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #111
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
Any news of WayneG?
Old 10-12-2019, 10:14 PM   #112
1 Rivet Member

1979 24' Airstream Excella 24
Yukon , Oklahoma
Is anyone who prints these selling them? I need them for every cover front and back on my 79 excella MH.
Cobymav12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:51 AM   #113
Silver Dreams

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Columbus , OH
Is anyone who prints these selling them? I need them for every cover front and back on my 79 excella MH.

I've ordered weep hole covers multiple times from Airstream Supply (High Sky), and have always been satisfied. I just recently purchased a dozen large and small. I don't really think $13 each is expensive considering you can't get them anywhere else.

https://highskyrvparts.com/New-Airst...torhome?page=1
Old 10-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #114
MI Cigar Man

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Westland , Michigan
3D Printed VS molded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stream3 View Post

I've ordered weep hole covers multiple times from Airstream Supply (High Sky), and have always been satisfied. I just recently purchased a dozen large and small. I don't really think $13 each is expensive considering you can't get them anywhere else.

https://highskyrvparts.com/New-Airst...torhome?page=1

Stream,

I originally bought a few from the Airstream Dealer in Michigan (Woodland RV). They have them in stock for a bit less. I paid $9.89 for the 67mm's and $3.66 for the 22mm's. It's Woodland Travel Center, check their online parts department.

If you don't mind paying about $15 a piece, I'll print some for you. I will be printing them with the METALIC plastic otherwise they would be substantially cheaper to make. I am working on redoing Wayne's custom design from this thread. The large ones have AIRSTREAM on them (67MM for all the rear windows) and the small ones (22mm for the front windows), are rounded with no logo. The advantage over molded ones is that I am using Metal filled PETG plastic for mine, (It makes them MUCH more durable and Aluminum looking). My final design will be thicker and have better hold than the last ones I tried of Wayne's.

Send me a private text and I can send you pictures of my current design. I am planning on posting the actual design in memory of Wayne when I complete it. I have had a lot of other projects ahead of doing the final design work.

RAH
Old 10-14-2019, 06:35 AM   #115
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandel View Post
....If you don't mind paying about $15 a piece, I'll print some for you. I will be printing them with the METALIC plastic otherwise they would be substantially cheaper to make. I am working on redoing Wayne's custom design from this thread. The large ones have AIRSTREAM on them (67MM for all the rear windows) and the small ones (22mm for the front windows), are rounded with no logo. The advantage over molded ones is that I am using Metal filled PETG plastic for mine, (It makes them MUCH more durable and Aluminum looking). My final design will be thicker and have better hold than the last ones I tried of Wayne's.

RAH
Price seems reasonable to me.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:04 AM   #116
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
A nice tribute to Wayne, Regards, Bob
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:50 AM   #117
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandel View Post
Stream,

I originally bought a few from the Airstream Dealer in Michigan (Woodland RV). They have them in stock for a bit less. I paid $9.89 for the 67mm's and $3.66 for the 22mm's. It's Woodland Travel Center, check their online parts department.

If you don't mind paying about $15 a piece, I'll print some for you. I will be printing them with the METALIC plastic otherwise they would be substantially cheaper to make. I am working on redoing Wayne's custom design from this thread. The large ones have AIRSTREAM on them (67MM for all the rear windows) and the small ones (22mm for the front windows), are rounded with no logo. The advantage over molded ones is that I am using Metal filled PETG plastic for mine, (It makes them MUCH more durable and Aluminum looking). My final design will be thicker and have better hold than the last ones I tried of Wayne's.

Send me a private text and I can send you pictures of my current design. I am planning on posting the actual design in memory of Wayne when I complete it. I have had a lot of other projects ahead of doing the final design work.

RAH
Sounds like a cool idea, looking forward to seeing it
Old 06-19-2020, 12:16 AM   #118
1 Rivet Member

1978 25' Caravanner
1986 32.5' Airstream 325
Seattle , Washington
Hi everyone, I found the Weep Hole Covers at VintageTrailerSupply.com. The large ones didn’t have the screen in them, but I can improvise. A couple of my small covers on the cab are still there, and they used glue on either side of the cover, does anyone know what type of adhesive is used for this? Here’s a pic of an original one and then mine...You will see you some type of adhesive was used when installing. Thanks! CraigClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4174.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	370699Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4173.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	494.7 KB
ID:	370700
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote