Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2020, 04:54 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1992 35' Airstream 350
Gardnerville , Nevada
Problem with side window Vertical Lip Seal

So I did a full rebuild of one of my windows recently and when all done I was admiring my work and noticed a problem with the Vertical Lip Seal. It did not "seal" against the slider frame when closed and definitely did not "wipe" the window when it was opened. Since we were leaving on a trip and the window worked great I didn't want to mess with it. After a much closer inspection I thought maybe I had the wrong lip seal? I went and investigated the other windows I had rebuilt and they were the same.

However, the original lip seals all laid against the slider frame to form a seal. It seams that the replacement seals have the same profile, but they don't have enough of a bend?

Since we all get our replacement parts for the windows from the same vendors I will assume everyone has this problem? Or maybe this is just the newest run of replacement seal? These came from Vintage Trailer Supply but even the picture on Inland's website shows the same bend in the seal.

In the picture the old seal is on the left and the new on the right. On another note, this lip seal works beautifully on the driver and passenger windows in the cockpit.

Thanks for any and all help,

Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH Vert Lip Seal.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	370669  
eb4strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:41 AM   #2
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
there are 2 different styles used on the MH

http://odmrv.com/catalog/index.php?m...oducts_id=1304
http://odmrv.com/catalog/index.php?m...oducts_id=1303
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:31 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1992 35' Airstream 350
Gardnerville , Nevada
Peter, after looking at the link, the profile of the lip seal from Out of Doors Mart looks correct. I ordered a few feet and will compare it when I get it.

Thanks, Eric
eb4strom is offline   Reply With Quote