Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2020, 06:20 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Clarkston , MI
Our '88 345 and the list of items...

We we have had it home for 2 weeks now and I have a list of items to work through still. I have solved a number of things though so progress is being made.

I have a couple of puzzling items I would like your input on. Cannot tell what some of these items are for.

First set of pictures is above the stove. The top switch appears to be for the instant hot water. This would normally be under the kitchen sink but this kitchen area was redone at some point. There is not hot water element or separate drinking water line on the counter. So I don't believe it does anything now. However, the lower switch is unmarked so I have no idea what it does. Any suggestions?

The second set of pics are of two devices that are mounted high on the walls. The first one over the TV and the little island table. The second above the stove to your right if your facing the stove top. They are push buttons, momentary switches. But they don't seem to do anything. Any idea what they do?

The last picture is of the safe. We don't have a key for it. Anyone ever had any luck finding the key given that it actually has a serial number on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6212.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	324.8 KB
ID:	381680   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6211.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	362.0 KB
ID:	381681  

Name:	IMG_6188.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	381682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6189.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	381683  

Name:	IMG_6198.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	538.5 KB
ID:	381684  
Beltran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Not sure if instant hot was hardwired, or a switched outlet under the sink. If a switched outlet, could be useful.

Lower switch is a 12V light switch for something, not sure what.

Beige switch, not sure, but a shot in the dark would be battery charge controller

Googling "RC Trace Engineering", I'm guessing that one controls a 12V-120V inverter.

Safe, not seen anyone mess with them but if the company still exists it's worth calling. Or a good locksmith can probably give it one look and pull a key out of a drawer that works. Should be easy to remove from the rv to avoid the service call charge.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-24-2020, 08:46 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Londonderry , New Hampshire
A good locksmith can pick those locks, they are not that hard. Or you could drill it out and replace the lock.
Air345Fly is offline   Reply With Quote