Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Menomonee Falls , Wisconsin
My 325 classic

hey all,
I thought I d pop in and say hello.
I ve had this thing now almost 2 years. Hasn't t left the driveway yet. I m close though. My underside stuff is all done. My inside stuff is almost done. Can t wait for summer. My dear freind Lee has made new cabinets to replace those cheap plastic ones. They look great. I got the 3/4 inch oak flooring in. Looks great. I need a fridge and a front furnace. I'm going to do the cushions in black leatherette material. My 1/2 thick rear bumper is almost done. I'll be able to back over a redwood with no damage. I'm contemplating making a front bumper that s a little more substantial. Want to bounce a peterbuilt off it if need be. I got two guys that can make those grey window channels that are junk. Anybody need some? They will be milled not extruded. I got a lot of plastic mfgers up here. And I deliver to most of them on a daily basis. Let me know if any of you are interested. Later dave
davejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #2
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Hey davejay:

Are you talking the top and bottom plastic insert for the windows that you have to take out to remove the windows? If so, post pics, post price and possibly count me in for 12.

Just curious......what kind of weight have you added to you moho? 1/2 thick bumper, possibly front as well, wooden cabinets, and 3/4" hardwood flooring can't be too light?

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Ton'y got a good point there. These coaches don't have much wiggle room on weight after tanks are filled, with people on board.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1982 28' Airstream 280
Edmonton , Alberta
I'm not sure what channels these are? I need to fix all my windows so I imagine I'd need them? With some pictures of what it is original vs new might give me an idea what we are talking about.

Depending on price I'd be up for a full set for my coach( I really have zero idea what these are or the significance of these?)
Swillv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:17 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
I might be interested in those channels as well. Please PM me. Ta Nick
Boom Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:13 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Calgary , Alberta
Dave,

I am at the point of doing my windows this spring in my 325 so I could use a set. Let us know which pieces you are talking about and I am sure you will have more than enough interested parties to meet any MOQ the shop may have,
Jim
jimbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:30 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbro View Post
Dave,

I am at the point of doing my windows this spring in my 325 so I could use a set. Let us know which pieces you are talking about and I am sure you will have more than enough interested parties to meet any MOQ the shop may have,
Jim
Dave,

Back in mid 2016 you discussed the slider inserts and the possiblity of having new ones fabricated. As mentioned previously there are probably a LOT of people that would be interested in a run of these strips. I would be interested in 8 of them myself. Definitely keep us posted if the project take off.

Thanks!

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote