Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #261
Undereducated AS Newbie
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Charlotte , North Carolina
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 154
Images: 5
Corrected VIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimpy View Post
89 345 LE 1a9jgau33kjo11134
Not sure where I derived this # from:
Title is usually correct: 1GBKP37WOJ3317989
wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:06 AM   #262
2 Rivet Member
 
1958 26' Overlander
1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Fort Valley , Georgia
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 67
Images: 3
1988 345 Airstream serial number J010959, last seven.
Chassis serial number H3327847.
The chassis number is used for the registration number for the title and tags.
LOGUE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:29 PM   #263
Silver Dreams
 
stream3's Avatar

 
1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Columbus , OH
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 114
1988 345le

1988 345LE, I'm the 4th owner I think.
1gbkp37w8 j3302110
Undergoing a complete renovation...
__________________
1988 345LE "Rosie"
-Jerry
stream3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #264
1 Rivet Member
 
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Sidney , Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Hey guys I’d like to add in my Airstream just purchased last week! M28A9V2048 1979 Airstream 28 foot center bath rear twins! Once I figure out pictures I will stump you all with a painted Airstream!
Pmiller36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #265
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmiller36 View Post
Hey guys I’d like to add in my Airstream just purchased last week! M28A9V2048 1979 Airstream 28 foot center bath rear twins! Once I figure out pictures I will stump you all with a painted Airstream!
Interesting, your vin # is the lowest I've seen on the 79 models. All the others start in the 5000 range (last four digits). But what you really have is an Argosy motorhome.

From 1974 thru 1979 all of the motorhomes were manufactured and painted at the Versailles plant in Ohio. The motorhomes were badged Argosy and were painted. What I don't know for certain is if all 79's were painted. My guess is they were but I've never heard for certain if that was the case. In 1980 the plant was closed and production moved to I think Jackson Center. When production commenced again they were silver and are now called the "Classics".

Argosy history

By the way, welcome to Airforums.

Brad
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1975 24' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #266
Rivet Master
 
Magnet18's Avatar
 
Churubusco , Indiana
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
Interesting, your vin # is the lowest I've seen on the 79 models. All the others start in the 5000 range (last four digits). But what you really have is an Argosy motorhome.

From 1974 thru 1979 all of the motorhomes were manufactured and painted at the Versailles plant in Ohio. The motorhomes were badged Argosy and were painted. What I don't know for certain is if all 79's were painted. My guess is they were but I've never heard for certain if that was the case. In 1980 the plant was closed and production moved to I think Jackson Center. When production commenced again they were silver and are now called the "Classics".

Argosy history

By the way, welcome to Airforums.

Brad
I thought it was called the excella for awhile there first

Anyway, the attached brochure from 79 seems to show a painted excella in the background, curious what pics will show!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf airstream-motorhome-brochure.pdf (2.27 MB, 17 views)
Magnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #267
Rivet Master
 
Magnet18's Avatar
 
Churubusco , Indiana
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmiller36 View Post
Hey guys Iíd like to add in my Airstream just purchased last week! M28A9V2048 1979 Airstream 28 foot center bath rear twins! Once I figure out pictures I will stump you all with a painted Airstream!
Welcome!
The paperclip icon is how you attach pictures, you might have to click "go advanced" to see it
Magnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:55 PM   #268
1 Rivet Member
 
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Sidney , Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
There we go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE4C01D-B91F-47A2-BDFA-073DC4376D61.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	614.9 KB
ID:	334719   Click image for larger version

Name:	DF34727F-DD3E-488E-8662-E14075B9B7DB.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	561.1 KB
ID:	334720  

Pmiller36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:57 PM   #269
1 Rivet Member
 
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Sidney , Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
And my tag on the inside of the window!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52E7D510-92AC-47C3-B0BD-EAD9BF0C7D6D.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	334721  
Pmiller36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:53 AM   #270
Keen amature
 
martin300662's Avatar

 
1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,346
You appear to have a rare beast, and the clue is in the Jan 1979 build date but Oct 1978 chassis date.

The last Argosy badged units were 1978 model year, but you appear to have several of the Argosy parts (I am guessing to use up the final parts) with an Airstream badge.

You have one of the very first Airstream badged motorhomes.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:07 AM   #271
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,877
Actually I was wrong. Of the 20 79's that I have listed there is one other with a vin below 5000 and it's # is 2021 and per my notes it was also badged as Airstream. Other than the 2021 and 2048 all others are in the 5000 range with the exception of 9886 which is the last one on the list.

Brad
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1975 24' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:17 AM   #272
Rivet Master
 
Magnet18's Avatar
 
Churubusco , Indiana
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,995
Wow, very cool motorhome, I love the paint job!
__________________
1983 Airstream 310 Class A Motorhome
-Rob
Magnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:05 AM   #273
1 Rivet Member
 
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Sidney , Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
You appear to have a rare beast, and the clue is in the Jan 1979 build date but Oct 1978 chassis date.

The last Argosy badged units were 1978 model year, but you appear to have several of the Argosy parts (I am guessing to use up the final parts) with an Airstream badge.

You have one of the very first Airstream badged motorhomes.
The old owner swore up and down it was 1 of 3 left, I take that as a grain of sand. My goal is to have some fun and keep it as original as possible! Luckily for me my father in law has been an electrician on the line in Jackson Center for 30 years!
Pmiller36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #274
Rivet Master
 
mayco's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmiller36 View Post
The old owner swore up and down it was 1 of 3 left, I take that as a grain of sand. My goal is to have some fun and keep it as original as possible! Luckily for me my father in law has been an electrician on the line in Jackson Center for 30 years!
If he had anything to do with the factory wiring under my dash I'd like to speak with him! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:22 PM   #275
Dazed and Confused
 
Isuzusweet's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
If he had anything to do with the factory wiring under my dash I'd like to speak with him! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Everyone form a line behind Mike, we'll all have a go.



Cheers
Sidekick Tony
__________________
Per Mare, Per Terram and may all your campaigns be successful.

ďItís a recession when your neighbor loses his job; itís a depression when you lose your own.Ē "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:34 AM   #276
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
Everyone form a line behind Mike, we'll all have a go.



Cheers
Sidekick Tony
Wow! I can just feel the love.......
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1975 24' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #277
1 Rivet Member
 
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Sidney , Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
Everyone form a line behind Mike, we'll all have a go.



Cheers
Sidekick Tony
I believe he does the wiring in the back half lol!!! But honestly I have no idea...
Pmiller36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #278
Rivet Master
 
Magnet18's Avatar
 
Churubusco , Indiana
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmiller36 View Post
I believe he does the wiring in the back half lol!!! But honestly I have no idea...
Once you spend some time under the dash of your new Airstream troubleshooting gauge problems, you'll understand why everyone is poking fun
Magnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #279
1 Rivet Member
 
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Sidney , Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 14
Itís suppose to warm up in the next couple days...hoping to start my own thread on fixes and such!
Pmiller36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #280
2 Rivet Member
 
1978 28' Argosy 28
Killeen , Texas
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 33
Add mine to the list please

I'm trying to figure out if mine is an Argosy or Classic built in late '78. Like how you can buy a 2019 vehicle in September of 2018?


M28T8V5163


It's a '78 28 foot, Center twin and rear bath.
Really interested in knowing where this rig fits in the production numbers of other owners.



Brad, I also find it very odd that your parts donors serial number was after mine too and IT was an Argosy.
Hochstrasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1961 - 1963 Bambi Serial Number Guide Andy R 1961 - 1963 Bambi 56 05-07-2019 01:10 AM
Motorhome club name ViewRVs Airstream Motorhome Forums 9 06-09-2009 08:18 PM
Pets in the motorhome eraffety The Pet Forum 32 03-26-2007 09:04 AM
Longest Trip in a Classic AIRSTREAM Motorhome winner Airstream Motorhome Forums 17 01-26-2005 09:11 PM
Motorhome Mechanix Motorhome Mechanix Airstream Motorhome Forums 1 10-27-2002 01:17 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.