Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-04-2019, 09:36 AM   #1921
New Member
 
1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Ruidoso , New Mexico
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Where can I purchase a sewer hose that will fit my 1988 345. It is larger in diameter than the hoses in the supply stores.
Thank you
Jamie Estes
Jhestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #1922
Rivet Master
 
mayco's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet18 View Post
Mike, my PO did 2 years ago and he kept meticulous notes on every part number he ever ordered. I also think I have some leftover.
I'll try to dig it up, but I'm away from home for a few days, if I don't get back to you within a week PM me so that I get an email.

Thanks Rob. No rush, we are headed south for a couple months before Iíll get to it but Iíd like to order it and have it ready. Iíll hit you back If I donít hear from you.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:09 AM   #1923
Rivet Master
 
mayco's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhestes View Post
Where can I purchase a sewer hose that will fit my 1988 345. It is larger in diameter than the hoses in the supply stores.
Thank you
Jamie Estes
Jamie, my guess is that you have Thetford fittings on your sewer hose outlet. They are larger than the more popular Valterra fittings you find in most stores. You may have to order a new fitting for your hose and swap it out
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:43 AM   #1924
Rivet Master
 
dadstoy's Avatar

 
1982 28' Airstream 280
_ , _
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,161
There is also an adapter available which is something I use. Only issue is it doesnít seal well on the Thetford side, at least for me.
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:20 AM   #1925
Airstream Driver
 
PeterH-350LE's Avatar

 
1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,014
Images: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
There is also an adapter available which is something I use. Only issue is it doesnít seal well on the Thetford side, at least for me.

Yup, its this item, works well for me
https://smile.amazon.com/Valterra-T0...qid=1575739077
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51hT70I-5AL._AC_.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	357353  
__________________
1994 30' Excella Front Kitchen Trailer
1990 25' Excella Travel trailer
1992 350LE Classic Touring Coach
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #1926
Rivet Master
 
bobmiller1's Avatar

 
2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,655
Deanís ďOĒ ring is probably missing........ Regards, Bob
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #1927
Airstream Driver
 
PeterH-350LE's Avatar

 
1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,014
Images: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
Thank you Peter. Dog gone it, gray only. Thatís a good price on the insert. If the bottom rub rail wasnít black then I could get away with the gray in the beltline. Iíll keep poking around. Thanks.

Mike, I know someone with a several spools (100's of ') of the small in black and possibly the wider as well. I will keep you posted on what he has, once he brings it over here.
__________________
1994 30' Excella Front Kitchen Trailer
1990 25' Excella Travel trailer
1992 350LE Classic Touring Coach
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:32 PM   #1928
Rivet Master
 
mayco's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,983
That’s awesome Peter, let me know what’s up.....thanks so much
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:42 PM   #1929
Rivet Master
 
mayco's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,983
We are about to head south for the second annual BBQ TOUR of the south next week. We will be traveling along US45 for a good bit once we get out of IL. In general, we’ll be headed down through west Kentucky and Tenn, eastern MS, and western and southern AL until we hit the Gulf near Ft Walton FL.

Last years BBQ winners were both in Tuscaloosa AL, Dreamland bbq and Archibald and Woodrows....though we hit several others that were fantastic. We are going to take it slow on the way down and have a couple COE parks we want to go back to.
If any of you folks have recommendations for real deal BBQ JOINTS along that rough outline of travel let me know. We will wander off the beaten path for good BBQ.
Happy Holidays TO ALL.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #1930
Rivet Master
 
mayco's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
We are about to head south for the second annual BBQ TOUR of the south next week. We will be traveling along US45 for a good bit once we get out of IL. In general, weíll be headed down through west Kentucky and Tenn, eastern MS, and western and southern AL until we hit the Gulf near Ft Walton FL.

Last years BBQ winners were both in Tuscaloosa AL, Dreamland bbq and Archibald and Woodrows....though we hit several others that were fantastic. We are going to take it slow on the way down and have a couple COE parks we want to go back to.
If any of you folks have recommendations for real deal BBQ JOINTS along that rough outline of travel let me know. We will wander off the beaten path for good BBQ.
Happy Holidays TO ALL.


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0084.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	556.2 KB
ID:	357403
The favorites marked on the map there indicate possible camping spots so it shows our general route
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #1931
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
Attachment 357403
The favorites marked on the map there indicate possible camping spots so it shows our general route
Sounds like fun

To bad you're not traveling down I-75......
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1975 24' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #1932
Rivet Master
 
mayco's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,983
I’m telling you Brad, it would be soooo cool to visit your shop and get a hands on look at both Argosys AND the TR. one of these trips we will slide over that way.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:35 PM   #1933
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
Iím telling you Brad, it would be soooo cool to visit your shop and get a hands on look at both Argosys AND the TR. one of these trips we will slide over that way.
Better do it before I retire, who knows where I'll be after that
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1975 24' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:44 AM   #1934
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,656
Looks like a great escape from this gloomy weather. I grew up here but 35 years in Colorado really have missing the . My parents escaped to st George island every February. Ann and I had accompanied them since 2006 until a couple years ago. 231 took us through Dothan and a bunch of small towns down toward port st Joe. We stopped at some really great bbq places along that route but canít remember any specific one. If you are into oysters I can recommend some great places around Apalachicola. The piggly wiggly in Apalachicola had their own smoke house. Bought some good stuff there. St. George Island is a pretty nice isolated place. We always rented a beach house but the state park is nice.
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:12 AM   #1935
Airstream Driver
 
PeterH-350LE's Avatar

 
1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,014
Images: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
We are about to head south for the second annual BBQ TOUR of the south next week. We will be traveling along US45 for a good bit once we get out of IL. In general, weíll be headed down through west Kentucky and Tenn, eastern MS, and western and southern AL until we hit the Gulf near Ft Walton FL.

Last years BBQ winners were both in Tuscaloosa AL, Dreamland bbq and Archibald and Woodrows....though we hit several others that were fantastic. We are going to take it slow on the way down and have a couple COE parks we want to go back to.
If any of you folks have recommendations for real deal BBQ JOINTS along that rough outline of travel let me know. We will wander off the beaten path for good BBQ. Have a safe and enjoyable trip!
Happy Holidays TO ALL.

One of these days, you should consider sampling the Texas BBQ and stop over for a landline and wifi, despite John's warning that I will spend all your money at the auto part store. Granted, Austin/San Antonio has turned into a traffic nightmare. But the Texas Hill country is well worth a visit for Music lovers as well as BBQ enthusiasts.
The town of Lockhart, southeast of Austin, has two competing BBQ joints, Blacks BBQ and Kreuz's BBQ, that are equally outstanding. Competition can be a good inspiration. We are having our 17th annual Christmas Rally starting tomorrow in a charming town called Blanco, west of Austin.

Another fantastic place to spent some cold winter days is in Port Aransas, at the Texas coast. We stay at the "On the Beach RV Park" or you can camp at the beach (packed sand) for $3.- a night. No BBQ, but great Redfish and Grouper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQKreuz.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	357538  
Attached Images
 
__________________
1994 30' Excella Front Kitchen Trailer
1990 25' Excella Travel trailer
1992 350LE Classic Touring Coach
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #1936
Rivet Master
 
mayco's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH-Airstreamer View Post
One of these days, you should consider sampling the Texas BBQ and stop over for a landline and wifi, despite John's warning that I will spend all your money at the auto part store. Granted, Austin/San Antonio has turned into a traffic nightmare. But the Texas Hill country is well worth a visit for Music lovers as well as BBQ enthusiasts.
The town of Lockhart, southeast of Austin, has two competing BBQ joints, Blacks BBQ and Kreuz's BBQ, that are equally outstanding. Competition can be a good inspiration. We are having our 17th annual Christmas Rally starting tomorrow in a charming town called Blanco, west of Austin.



Another fantastic place to spent some cold winter days is in Port Aransas, at the Texas coast. We stay at the "On the Beach RV Park" or you can camp at the beach (packed sand) for $3.- a night. No BBQ, but great Redfish and Grouper.

All about the brisket down in your area isnít it Peter? We will get down that way on one of trips, big country down there.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #1937
Rivet Master
 
mayco's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kota View Post
Looks like a great escape from this gloomy weather. I grew up here but 35 years in Colorado really have missing the . My parents escaped to st George island every February. Ann and I had accompanied them since 2006 until a couple years ago. 231 took us through Dothan and a bunch of small towns down toward port st Joe. We stopped at some really great bbq places along that route but canít remember any specific one. If you are into oysters I can recommend some great places around Apalachicola. The piggly wiggly in Apalachicola had their own smoke house. Bought some good stuff there. St. George Island is a pretty nice isolated place. We always rented a beach house but the state park is nice.
That area looks beautiful Dave. We will be fairly close to there for three weeks.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #1938
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
That area looks beautiful Dave. We will be fairly close to there for three weeks.


Wakulla Springs is a pretty good day trip.

https://www.floridastateparks.org/pa...ngs-state-park
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:30 AM   #1939
Rivet Master
 
cmadmaxman's Avatar

 
1982 31' Airstream 310
Columbia , Tennessee
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 611
Images: 39
Take the boat cruise while at Wakulla springs. You will get to see gators and manatees up close!
__________________
Chris & Brenda....................cMADMAXman
AIR Member 12654
1991 350LE "Zephyr"
1982 310 MoHo
Many Years ago, 1972 Argosy 24' trailer
Our Toad, 96 Saturn SW2 (274,000 and still going )
cmadmaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #1940
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmadmaxman View Post
Take the boat cruise while at Wakulla springs. You will get to see gators and manatees up close!


And snakes! Turtles, birds, fish... itís definitely worth the side trip.

Lots of local flavor around there. My mom had to go to Sopchoppy to buy pottery every year. Follow the signs down the 2 track. When you hear the banjo music, keep going!
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1982 turbo diesel 310 :: 2013 Airstream turbo diesel 310 mayco Airstream Registry Discussions 1 07-28-2015 12:58 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.