Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1995 36' Classic 36
Ottawa , Ontario
Left Headlight needed Airstream Classic 360 diesel

This is a longshot I'm sure, but my Classic 360 diesel pusher motorhome desperately needs a drivers side headlight. The inside of it has corroded after 25 years and is all but useless for light output. This headlight is a consolidated high and low unit used on the classic 360's and appears to be the same as used on some of the fibreglass land yachts around the same time and a little later.

I have been informed by one dealer the part is not available, however Airstream part 511051-01 (used on the 1998 land yacht pusher) sure looks like it. If it is, I have found one source, however at over $800 for one I nearly had heart failure!

Does anyone know of a source for used, or has already found a cross over number or alternative? I find it very hard to believe Airstream had these custom manufactured especially as over the years I have been able to track back all other other repair items to original sources. Most other items have a part number on them that helped the search, this one does not.

Suggestions and information greatly appreciated !
shadejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:55 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1995 36' Classic 36
Ottawa , Ontario
Ok I’ve now answered my own question by diving in and disassembling things to get the headlight mount out . Not a particularly easy job as their are a number of screws that are removed by feel.

Once removed the part contains a small GM part number 16508723 on the housing. This corresponds to a late 80’s early 90’s Cadillac Seville or Eldorado and pictures on the web confirmed it.

Not exactly a common part but not that hard to find either! New headlights on the way.
shadejo is offline   Reply With Quote