Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2006, 12:39 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Lethbridge , Alberta
Information for C345 C350 C360 Motorhomes

We are former Airstreamers and have been looking for a late model Classic TT as a replacement for our present WBSO (white box w slide-out) but recently have been considering a Classic MH as an alternative.

We have learned a considerable amount from the various websites but do have a few questions we hope members can answer.

1. Are the C360 floorplans from 1993 through 1996 the same? We see from photos that 1996 has no rear corner windows and has shirt closets beside the bed. Any other differences.

2. We note that a number of ads state "new engine" and/or "rebuilt transmission" at less than 100K miles. Are there chronic drive train problems with these coaches?

3. Which year was fuel injection introduced on the 7.4L/454 V8?

4. What transmission(s) were used for C345 C350 C360 models

5. What would the typical fuel mileage figures be for the C 345 - C360 7.4L/454 V8 models. and how much would the average toad reduce that figure.

6. What would the typical fuel mileage figures be for C360DP models.and how much would the average toad reduce that figure.

7. Were there upgrade models for the MHs as in the "Limited" for the TTs. and if so what was included in the upgrade model.

8. Does anybody have brochures for C345, C350, C360 models that could be scanned as jpg, gif, or pdf??

We will be on the road for the next 2 weeks so won't be able to respond until we get back online w/o 04.03.2006. We hope to find a wealth of information waiting then.
GeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
1. There are only small variations. Some do have the rear wrap around windows but you lose the closet. The diesel pushers have the same floorplan but there is no doghouse up front and the engine is under the bed. I think they all have the north-south beds.

No wrap arounds.
http://www.airstreammotorhomes.com/1996/1996_36_A.html

Wrap arounds
http://www.airstreammotorhomes.com/1995/1995_36_A.html

2. The Chevy P-30 chassis and 454 engine are solid. There are hundreds of thousands running around as bread trucks and SOB motorhomes. Engines are engines and some folks take better care than others. Also, they need to be run. Let it sit for too long and you're looking at a replacement. Always buy a motorhomes that's been used or at least run regularly. Also, you can get a new crate GM 454 rather than a rebuild for about the same price. That's nice to know.

3. Fuel injected was added sometime in the early 90's.

4-6. I've never had a 360 but I hear the mileage is better. It is probably better due to the Fuel Injection and the 4-6 speed transmissions. The older classics have 3 speed transmissions geared for 55 mph. Push 65-70 and mileage goes way down and engine temps go up. I'd be skeptical of someone claiming 14+ mpg. 10-12 is my guess. You might want to ask that question at www.airforums.com. There are several 360 gasser owners there that could give you real life data.

7. Look for road-side and rear awnings. That's the dead give-away for an upgraded unit. As a former Airstreamer, you know the vaule of the road side awnings. These units are pretty loaded all around.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:37 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums. I salute your intention and desire to purchase a classic MH. They are wonderful coaches for camping and if you like company in the campgrounds they attract crowds.
Good luck in your search. Fred has pretty much summed up your questions, if you have not been on his page you need to.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Brochures

[quote]
8. Does anybody have brochures for C345, C350, C360 models that could be scanned as jpg, gif, or pdf?? [quote GeeJay]

I have the sales brochures for the 1988 and 1989 motorhomes. Both have 345s, with the 370 added to the 1989 brochure. I'd be glad to send you jpgs of them both, or whichever one if you only wanted one. Let me know.

Wonderful coaches, but be ready to do fairly constant maintenance. Kind of fun, actually, and there's PLENTY of help from folks on this Forum.

Best,
AIR # 5648
noiva is offline   Reply With Quote