Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
topeka , Kansas
install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Not really.

But, we have it anyways.

Andy
Thanks,

I read some of the post on this, clear as mud. However, it look like there is 2 sections of fuzzy channel. It seems to me I can remove the section on the top front slide the window forward to where the fuzzy channel is removed and then lean the glass in and pull up and in on the glass and it should come out. Remove and replace the other section of fuzzy channel and the vertical lip put the slideing glass back in then replace the upper front section of fuzzy channel.

My question is where does the thin seal go?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Centennial , Colorado
Arden_Dean, I PM'd you
Heirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:22 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Killeen , Texas
I agree, clear as mud is apt description for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden_dean View Post
Thanks,

I read some of the post on this, clear as mud. However, it look like there is 2 sections of fuzzy channel. It seems to me I can remove the section on the top front slide the window forward to where the fuzzy channel is removed and then lean the glass in and pull up and in on the glass and it should come out. Remove and replace the other section of fuzzy channel and the vertical lip put the slideing glass back in then replace the upper front section of fuzzy channel.

My question is where does the thin seal go?

Are there two types of outer seal on all the windows?, with the vertical lip seal Only used at the slanted part of the cockpit window and also on the windows center post between windows, and the the trim seal goes around the other edges of the windows. I know the little fuzzy "fin" seal is between the glass. Do all these seals shrink over time? Mine are short by 2 inches in some places.
Hochstrasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Menomonee Falls , Wisconsin
Hey,
I tried the metal flexible channel, which is what is supposed to be the correct channel. It looked good, the windows moved fairly well, but the stuff falls apart. The coach never left my driveway, and in 1 1/2 years, it looked horrible. So, I went with the side window all rubber channel.. It works pretty much like the metal lined stuff. My windows dragged badly. I sprayed some lube in the channel, and that took care of that. But, my windows still don't close all the way. On the back side of the window, I can get the glass to go into its channel,if I'm outside the coach and push in a little. My windows don't lock either. The only thing I can think of is to kind of persuade the frame outward with a block of wood and a hammer. But the glass s not to far away, and I don't want to shock it . So, I think we got to live with it. Anybody got any suggestions? DJ
davejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Honokaa , Hawaii
drivers window felt? 86 345

I did some pounding on our 345’s channel recently and made it better, if not completely right. I used a wooden wedge that fit in the channel and tried to seat the channel better in the direction that it needed to be, not bend the metal. Probably bent the metal some anyway.
Waipio Rim is offline   Reply With Quote