Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2023, 08:35 PM   #2361
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
_ , _
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirStreamMar View Post
I had the same with the windshield, not that much water came in, a towel was sufficient to soak up some drops. Therefore one of the first renovation step was to fix this. Taped everything properly around the windshield gaskets and spend a lot of time to apply the sealant. Looked well but next heavy rain: the towel was neccessary again. As there are only two other sources in/on my roof where water could come in, I sealed the spot light and the horn and: no more water since then. Just an idea...
Regards,
Mario

Hello Mario,

I don't have a spotlight nor a horn on the roof. I've checked the running lights and those holes are sealed. I've had leaks at the top of the A pillars due to the windshield gasket leaking at those top corners. I've dumped lots of sealant down those "holes" and no leaks there after all the rain we had. I've always had a leak at the top of the windshields at that center windshield pillar. So I'm pretty sure that the leak is from the gasket at the top of the windshield...gasket doesn't look good up there!

I'm glad you found and fixed your leak!

Tags
1982 airstream 280, 28', motorhome