Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Could I please look at Someones Airstream in vancouver

Could someone please let me have a look at thier airstream (classic) I want my wife to have a look at one before i buy one. The problem is most of them are far away, so I would like her to preview one. I would also like to ask for some help , what to look for etc
dickmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Are there any RV shows in your area?? If so call a dealer in your area and see if they will be there. I am not familiar with the RV show curcuit in Canada, sorry if I am way off with my thoughts.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Not sure if you are looking for an Airstream Classic trailer or a Classic Motorhome. If you are looking for the trailer there is a dealer in Langley B.C.

MIDTOWN RV LTD.

310 Industrial Ave W.
Penticton
BC, V2A 9B3
Canada
Old 01-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #4
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Oops that is the motorhome dealer in Penticton, here is the trailer dealer in Langley

TRAVELAND LEISURE VEHICLES, LTD.

Airstreamville Dealer 20529 #10 Hwy (Langley By-Pass)
Langley
BC, V3A 5E8
Canada
Old 01-21-2005, 09:59 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1961 26' Overlander
Gabriola Island , British Columbia
The folks at Traveland in Langley are very helpful .I was there a few weeks ago and asked to see their Airstreams to get some ideas about systems in my restoration project.They showed me heir Airstreams and let me poke around to see things like electrical and water installation.I'd show you my trailer but right now it is just a shell.I will need to see a vintage unit soon as I have a few questions about some details for building cabinets.
The RV show is at the Abbotsford Tradex Feb 3 to 8th.
greg176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:25 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1961 26' Overlander
Gabriola Island , British Columbia
HorizonRV across from Traveland has two 31' 1973 Airstreams.They are in rough shape and not worth the 11000 asking price.Those trailers are worth closer to 2000 and have been there almost a year but may be a place to start.There is a thread somewhere on this forum where I pointed out their shortcomings last summer.they may be a place to start.
greg176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:38 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Try this...

http://www.airstream.com/product_lin...sic_vtour.html

Try this virtual tour of the Classic AS .....Have fun!!
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
The best place to see a Classic MO would be at a WBCCI rally. Although, this is not really a gaurantee since there are not that many Classics out there.
My wife and I saw our first one at a rally and fell in love with it. These are the only MO with windows all around, a bright open feeling inside and of course a head turning look outside. We spent almost a year before we found ours and then had to travel to New Hampshire from Wisconsin to purchase it.
What to look for? Here is a great benefit of the WBCCI. They have units everywhere and the members know each other and how thier AS have been maintained. There is a Classic for sale in our unit and I would not reccommend it to anyone unless you intend to completly rebuild. You can contact the president of the unit in the area and inquire about the MO.
One other great resource is this forum. Read, read , read. Go back through the threads and just read about the things that have happened and soon you will learn the troublespots. You might even find the MO you are considering purchasing. When we sold our trailer the buyer said he pulled up all of my posting to learn about the trailer.
I will be happy to send you pictures of our MO off line if you would like to show them to your wife. I also can speak for my wife that she would be happy to communicate with yours about her feelings towards our Classic.
Good luck with your search.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:07 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Thanks

Thanks everyone for all of the help! I agree that I will have to look across north america to find what I want and what I want is quite hard to find. I want a Diesel 28 or 24ft. perferably with the bed in the back.

Please send me your pictures dickie@telus.net

Mark
dickmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:17 AM   #10
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Mark,

Though it's not the same as an in person visit, point your favorite browser to www.colonialairstream.com and go to their new inventory. They have some great pics of severall floorplans and fabrics used in the Classic line.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

vintage trailer repair in Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamadeca
Oops that is the motorhome dealer in Penticton, here is the trailer dealer in Langley

TRAVELAND LEISURE VEHICLES, LTD.

Airstreamville Dealer 20529 #10 Hwy (Langley By-Pass)
Langley
BC, V3A 5E8
Canada
I need to have my 1975 Sovereign's rear floor/frame separation repaired but Trveland doesn't seem all that confident in their description of how they intend to repair it. Any other dealers/repair people in the Vancouver area that anyone knows about?
simonhanbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Looking for an Airstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickmonster
Could someone please let me have a look at thier airstream (classic) I want my wife to have a look at one before i buy one. The problem is most of them are far away, so I would like her to preview one. I would also like to ask for some help , what to look for etc
Welcome and good luck on your hunting! Your post didn't clarify if you were looking for a new Airstream or Vintage... but there is a good thread on what do consider when buying an Airstream. Different than all the mechanicals, etc. but things you should consider! Size, what kind of camping, etc. Here is the thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forum...eam-22920.html

Airstreams are great! I would also look under rallys in the calendar and see if there is something coming up near you (although the season is nearly over). At rallys you can usually see several years/models and talk to the folks that own them and see what they feel are the pros/cons.

Good luck on your search!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote