Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Lochbuie , Colorado
Compartments needed

Hello i am looking to see where i can
Buy the pull out compartments for an 83 310, my customer's unit is missing one and the rest are rusted out, i can rebuild and build them but i would rather start with nicer ones and save my customer some money
RVREPAIRMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
It will be difficult finding an intact lower compartment that isn't just as rusted as the ones you have. Within the last few months someone was looking for a replacement compartment and managed to fine one from another member. I have not heard of any others being available.

A seller on ebay that goes by the name runamuck12 dismantled a damaged 310 several years ago and was listing those parts on ebay.

A seller with the email address of Lidgej AT gmail.com was selling 310 windows on ebay at one time so they know of some compartments.

My guess is it would cheaper to just rebuild the existing compartments. That's what most of us have done.

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Andover , Massachusetts
outside compartments help

If you don't mind my asking....how did you remove the existing compartments? We need to repair ours and thought we could detach the drawers/compartments from the slides...much like you would when removing a dresser or cabinet drawer....but they don't seem to detach? Did you unbolt the whole unit...the drawer, slider and slider channel....from the frame? It seems like there must be an easier way? I'm sure I'm not using the right terminology but hope you know what I mean! Appreciate any advice you can share.
lynnonthego is offline   Reply With Quote