Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #2681
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Now that would be something I'd want to watch......Mike backing a 370 into his driveway. Last time I saw pics of his driveway, it didn't look that big.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #2682
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneG View Post
Thanks for the good thoughts, but a few hours after my post, I had to go to the ER for a new problem, so it leaves me in a tough spot.
I would love to plan for my 2019 wanders in the 270, but with health issues coming faster, I also need to get the MH ready to sell.

The wife has no idea how to handle the sale of "my toys" and I am sure she would get ripped off selling my stuff when I am not there to advise.
If by some miracle I am well enough to do a few more trips, I would hate to not have my rig to do them in.
I am not sure which way to go?

Wayne, If I would buy it from you, knowing your situation, I would only agree to the deal with the agreement that you could use it every year for a couple of weeks on non cross-country vacations. Lets face, the MH's spent most of their time parked and we get enjoyment out of looking at them and tinkering around.
Now, since I am currently not in the market (just pulled are super rare 1994 30' front kitchen trailer 300 miles home without brakes) and you live very far from me, I would encourage you to keep and enjoy it as long as you want.
This kind of stuff keeps us going and motivated!
Carry on!
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:42 AM   #2683
Rivet Master

1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
Thanks All,
I do think I will be keeping it until it is fully obvious that I am not taking it out again or financial problems arise.
I can leave instructions with the wife to post on the board, I am guessing she will be able to get between 10 & 15K for it.
One thing I need to do is to gather all the extra parts into one area so they will be easy to find. My documentation is mostly on the computer and easy to put on a CD
Old 11-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #2684
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneG View Post
Thanks All,
I do think I will be keeping it until it is fully obvious that I am not taking it out again or financial problems arise.
I can leave instructions with the wife to post on the board, I am guessing she will be able to get between 10 & 15K for it.
One thing I need to do is to gather all the extra parts into one area so they will be easy to find. My documentation is mostly on the computer and easy to put on a CD
IMHO, it would have to be in pretty rough shape to only get 10-15K.

Put that sucker on a boat to Europe and you'd double what you'd get her on this side of the pond.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Old 11-06-2018, 06:33 AM   #2685
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
IMHO, it would have to be in pretty rough shape to only get 10-15K.

Put that sucker on a boat to Europe and you'd double what you'd get her on this side of the pond.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony
...you just have to factor in the $5K to ship and the 20% import duty....did I tell you that Peanut is only worth the $2.25K I paid for him until after he is registered in the UK!
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:23 AM   #2686
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
...you just have to factor in the $5K to ship and the 20% import duty....did I tell you that Peanut is only worth the $2.25K I paid for him until after he is registered in the UK!
Just like my Argosy was "only" worth the $1,000US I paid for her when she crossed the Canadian border.

I'd imagine that 27' and less caravans and coaches are hot commodities across the pond. I'm already gearing the Argosy and its trailer for the trip, with wiring and plugs for both 110 and 230 volt. A nice Miele washer/dryer all in one unit is already going into the trailer.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

Old 11-06-2018, 09:44 AM   #2687
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
... the Argosy and its trailer for the trip, with wiring and plugs for both 110 and 230 volt. A nice Miele washer/dryer all in one unit is already going into the trailer.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

I must have missed something somewhere, trailer?!
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #2688
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
I must have missed something somewhere, trailer?!
Yeah, looking for an Argosy Minuet 6.7M single axle trailer to be converted to a bathroom/shower/bathtub/dressing/laundry room.
The trailer would stay hooked up where ever we are staying, with the Argosy being our travelling weekend vehicle.
If you come across a 6.7M, let me know.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:30 PM   #2689
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Wayne, sorry to hear about your condition, hoping you get feeling better!

Tony, I like your idea! What model of Miele are you thinking, and why'd you choose it over the splendide?
Old 11-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #2690
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet18 View Post
Wayne, sorry to hear about your condition, hoping you get feeling better!

Tony, I like your idea! What model of Miele are you thinking, and why'd you choose it over the splendide?
The Miele

https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/washer-dryers-1580.htm

Splendide

http://www.splendide.com/splendide_wd2100xc.htm

I haven't decided anything yet, but favour the Miele over the Splendide if leaving the Argosy in Europe. The only problem is choosing 230volt 50hz or 110 volt 60 hz. I may have to remodel the trailer with both in mind and wire for both. Buy the Splendide while in NA, then the Miele while in Europe.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

Old 11-06-2018, 04:43 PM   #2691
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Wink

Quote:
The Miele

Splendide

I haven't decided anything yet, but favour the Miele over the Splendide if leaving the Argosy in Europe. The only problem is choosing 230volt 50hz or 110 volt 60 hz. I may have to remodel the trailer with both in mind and wire for both. Buy the Splendide while in NA, then the Miele while in Europe.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony
What the heck is going on here? Don't you know that you need to keep us all updated on your current and future plans Tony! Geezzzzzzz. First of all, Belize is NOT IN EUROPE! So please, from now on, consult the group here before making these life changing plans, it's YOUR responsibility. Is this too much to ask, really?
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #2692
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
What the heck is going on here? Don't you know that you need to keep us all updated on your current and future plans Tony! Geezzzzzzz. First of all, Belize is NOT IN EUROPE! So please, from now on, consult the group here before making these life changing plans, it's YOUR responsibility. Is this too much to ask, really?
Sorry, my bad; stage 3 cancer is kinda a game changer and the medical system in Central America isn't exactly high tech. As a British born subject, I would have instant access to the NHS (National Health Service) if I need it. Just keeping my options open, and my ability to provide for my family should my cancer progress; because next time it could be liver or bone cancer. I'm hoping it doesn't, but planning for the future if it does.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

Old 11-07-2018, 03:04 AM   #2693
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
The Miele

Splendide

Cheers
Sidekick Tony
Personally I would keep everything 110v....that's what we have done with Bella and will do with Peanut. A 3000w toroidal transformer (Airlink Transformers are recommended) can easily be mounted in a Pelican case and then you simply plug the 'suitcase' into the regular 16amp/240v campground supply and use a standard RV 30amp cord to give you 120v/25amp supply. You can forget 50amp appliances in Europe, the mains supply is simply not high enough, and it is very common for campers using hot water kettles/hair-dryers, to trip the site supply.

The biggest advantage of keeping everything 110v is in a pinch you still have your generator!
Old 11-07-2018, 03:10 AM   #2694
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Sorry, my bad; stage 3 cancer is kinda a game changer and the medical system in Central America isn't exactly high tech. As a British born subject, I would have instant access to the NHS (National Health Service) if I need it. Just keeping my options open, and my ability to provide for my family should my cancer progress; because next time it could be liver or bone cancer. I'm hoping it doesn't, but planning for the future if it does.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony
Trying not to look on the downside Tony.....

At least at the moment anyone with NHS access can also apply for a European Medical card and until Brexit, you are also covered by the health care coverage across EU. This isn't always the same level of coverage (in some countries it is emergency care only, in other countries coverage is higher than UK). So keep an eye on what actually gets included in the Brexit deal. Worse case you are stuck in the UK, because 'travel insurance' excludes pre-existing conditions and if you need help outside the UK, they will not even get you back to UK.

Let me know if you need any help over this side of the pond!
Old 11-07-2018, 05:16 AM   #2695
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Yeah, looking for an Argosy Minuet 6.7M single axle trailer to be converted to a bathroom/shower/bathtub/dressing/laundry room.
The trailer would stay hooked up where ever we are staying, with the Argosy being our travelling weekend vehicle.
From what I've seen over the years the Minuet's always seem to go for big money. I don't recall ever seeing one in "rebuildable" condition. I'm guessing you already browsed through the Airstream classifieds.

I'll keep my eyes open.
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:23 AM   #2696
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Quote:

PM sent...Sidekick Tony may have to make a trip to Texas ...
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:09 AM   #2697
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
Personally I would keep everything 110v....that's what we have done with Bella and will do with Peanut. A 3000w toroidal transformer (Airlink Transformers are recommended) can easily be mounted in a Pelican case and then you simply plug the 'suitcase' into the regular 16amp/240v campground supply and use a standard RV 30amp cord to give you 120v/25amp supply. You can forget 50amp appliances in Europe, the mains supply is simply not high enough, and it is very common for campers using hot water kettles/hair-dryers, to trip the site supply.

The biggest advantage of keeping everything 110v is in a pinch you still have your generator!
Just make sure it has some heat egress route!
Magnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:17 AM   #2698
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Quote:
The Miele

Splendide

Cheers
Sidekick Tony
Looks like Miele offers more over there than they do over here, makes sense, i hadn't found those in my searching

+1 to the comments saying keep it simple and keep it 110V, and use a 3KW transformer. I'd mount it in a storage compartment or something, just my $.02

You'll be 110V 50Hz though, so make sure everything can handle that (doubt it's a problem, unless you've got a really old alarm clock )
Magnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #2699
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
Miele best white goods brand by far, at a price. Their UK head office is in my town. You can pick stuff up cheap in their outlet
Boom Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #2700
4 Rivet Member

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Londonderry , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Sounds View Post
Miele best white goods brand by far, at a price. Their UK head office is in my town. You can pick stuff up cheap in their outlet

Make sure that they are OK with 60 Hz if you want to use your generator.

Pete.
Air345Fly is offline   Reply With Quote