Advice on selling
i originally posted this in the wrong forum. we've got a 1981 excella 280 with the isuzu diesel that we've been remodeling. we're considering selling it, however, we're not done with the remodel and are looking for some advice on if it's better to sell it as-is or finish. i was encouraged to put some details and pictures in. so i'll start with highlights of what we've done.
1. completely gutted down to subframe and outer skin/supports.
2. new marine grade plywood completely sealed twice.
3. removed and stripped interior wall panels down to aluminum.
4. insulated walls with aluminum double sided bubble insulation against outer skin and filled the rest of the space with rigid insulation.
5. all interior wall structure welded aluminum square tube.
6. double bunks in back. middle section of upper bunks removable for more head room. upper bunks are pretty tight. we use them more for storage.
7. bathroom relocated to side. all tanks moved to underneath.
8. added dinette and 2 storage couch/beds up front. 7 beds total. 12 seat belts.
9. all new upper cabinets.
10. chassis mechanicals. new brakes, new radiator, hoses, front air bags. added vintage air cabin a/c. added hard-wired backup camera. completely remodeled dash and instrument cluster.
11. new window seals.
12. completely rewired all electrical including upgrade to 50-amp, new combo panel, automatic transfer switch, usb ports everywhere, 4-way light switches (entry, bedrooms and drivers seat switches).
13. we tried to put cabinets/storage everywhere we could. everything is 100% custom fitted. we used primarily aluminum and birch.
i'm forgetting a lot. things that still need to be done.
1. water system. we have all of the tanks and fixtures, but the bathroom and kitchen need to be done. we have a marine toilet (macerating/pumping), ronco plastic tanks, tankless water heater, anderson 4-way valve and most of the cabinetry built and sealed.
2. cabin area. flooring needs to be finished. center console needs work.
3. trimming and counters.
again, i'm looking for advice on if it's better payoff to finish or sell as-is. i understand that we'll never get our money out of it. i've attached some pictures. they aren't great pictures but i think they capture the layout.