Well it's been a long 2 weeks of sweat equity. After a week of using motorhome I noticed one brake heating up so I thought I would give it a quick once over. I was Getting the Roadrunner ready for our trip to the UP of Michigan.
New Passenger exhaust manifold with a broken bolt. Had to heli coil it.
New Plugs wires cap rotor.
New calipers, pads, rubber hoses, master cylinder and one 5 ft section of steel brake line.
Power steering flush and bleed.
All new belts installed.
New exhaust on GenSet.
Tightened my ignition switch with my new laser cut tool.
Reinforced battery tray so if the rust part breaks free I won't loose my batteries on the ground.
And I did all this on the ground on jack stands.
It's kinda scary crawling under there.
Finished up the night we were supposed to leave so we put our trip off till the morning (Sunday) and as I went for my test drive the alternator went out. Of course no one had one available so we are off on our trip booking hotels. Lol. Hopefully the Roadrunner will have another opportunity for another road trip.
I feel like I let the family down but I will tell you I know more about the 345 today then I did 2 weeks ago.
It's just a reminder of what it really takes to own one of these.
Thanks for all the help lately and in the future.