Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
1989 345 MH seat removal

Does anyone know how to remove the 2 seats that are on either side of the t.v. table? I have unbolted the actual seat from their stand. I have'nt pulled up the carpet to see how the stands are secured. BTW the seats will be for sale once they are out. They are the pinkish leather color.
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Remove from the underside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Dog Nite
Does anyone know how to remove the 2 seats that are on either side of the t.v. table? ...
If I remember correctly, this is a two person job, or one person with a good set of vise grips.

Bolts (or nuts, I really don't remember) are accessed on the bottom side via the small tool compartment just below and in front of the door, and also on top of the battery drawer.

I do remember that it was not all that difficult when I took mine out, but I do recall that I thought I was finished and then found two more fasteners that had to be removed.

Before and after pics below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bright Interior Before.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	47044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bright Interior After  Work Copy.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	47045  

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quite right, however I was able to clamp a vise grip on the bolt head under the chair and let is rest against the pedestal and then use a rachet on the nuts underneath. Slide out the battery drawer and open the tool bin just in front of the door to gain access to nuts.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Thanks 87MH & Cooperhawk. I was totally clueless on what to do.Also afraid that the exploritory surgery on the carpet would do more harm than good. We wish to do exactly what 87MH had done including the hardwood floors, but would'nt be able to do floors till next winter.
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
Silver Bullet

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
choctaw , Oklahoma
Dennis(87MH)
Like the new look. What you us the open space where the seats/tv cabinet was? Open space?
I've got the seat by the door out. Plan to take the other one out too. Was trying to think of want to do with that space in my Silver Bullet. Maybe make a cabinet with a flat screen TV.
Without the seat, I keep banging my head on the upper cabinet.
mel
choctawmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctawmel
Dennis(87MH)Like the new look. What you us the open space where the seats/tv cabinet was? Open space? I've got the seat by the door out. Plan to take the other one out too. Was trying to think of want to do with that space in my Silver Bullet. Maybe make a cabinet with a flat screen TV.Without the seat, I keep banging my head on the upper cabinet.
mel
Know what you mean about the head knocker - have the scars to prove it.

My solution to the extra space follows. When travelling the entertainment center (on 5 small 4-wheel trucks for easy movement) is bungeed to the tie down tees on the front and wall. The flat screen is layed down and bungeed to the top of the wood cabinet. The area between the cabinet and the door usually is filled by a heater, a cooler, or dog stuff.

Double click on the photos for larger images.

The Entertainment Center with the Front Speakers.

Lower Angle Shot.

The Rear Set of Speakers.

The Business End of the Bose.

Video Options Within the 345.

The Entertainment Center started out life as a curio cabinet very similar to this one. I purchased the original core from Colaw's RV Salvage in Missouri. It was out of an ealy 90's Excella. I modified it as to size to fit the purpose, added doors, then installed low profile wheeled trucks for mobility, and wired it for sound.

"The Girls" Ready To Hit The Road.

More shots in the photo section of the Forums.

I'm currently using the entertainment center in the '78 Sovereign.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f219...ign-14737.html

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Old 10-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Here is our finished product. I was able to move the swivel chair further foreward to give more room at the door. The credensa was home built and installed. We gave up one swivel chair in the deal, but got a lot more room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New_Floor4condnsd.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	47327  

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
Silver Bullet

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
choctaw , Oklahoma
Like both cooperhawk and 87mh's look. I need the room (where the door seat is) to get a tandem bicycle in the door. My front seat is only used to stow the TV in, so, the corner cabinet, behind the passenger chair, would work great.

Dennis, Looks like you have pleated blinds, I've installed them them too. Did you make the wood (what ever they're called) ends for them?
Your satellite ant. on the roof? You have satellite Internet?

My next project will be replacing the floor cover with something other then carpet. (unless I go nuts and buy a wrecked Dodge Cummins truck. Then all bets are off)
mel
choctawmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctawmel
Dennis, Looks like you have pleated blinds, I've installed them them too. Did you make the wood (what ever they're called) ends for them?
Your satellite ant. on the roof? You have satellite Internet?
Window boxes are some old cyprus I've been storing for years. Satellite anatenna on roof - manual adjust from inside (PO installation) - no internet. I'm not on the road enough to justify it.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737