Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2024, 05:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Neillsville , Wisconsin
1986 34.5 motorhome clearance lights

Hello everyone, been working on my marker/clearance lights for some time now. Was able to get all the lights working accept the overhead clearance lights. I removed the headliner and checked the wiring down to the doorpost. Lights come on with power clipped in from there. Anyone know where the clearance lights get their power? Any help would be appreciated, thanks Bill.
MoundCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 08:10 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Lexington , Massachusetts
I'm not sure what you mean by "down to the doorpost". There is a switch on the dashboard called ICC Blink that is in-circuit with the clearance lights. Maybe the ICC switch is bad or stuck open somehow? Not sure what controls the blinking, possibly a relay in-circuit too?

Otherwise, the clearance lights are powered in parallel to the headlights from the chassis fuse block and is supposed to be a red wire.

Luis
LM782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 08:01 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Neillsville , Wisconsin
I checked the two wires from the clearance lights as far as I could down to the passenger side I called the door post or the frame area where the wire bundle goes behind the inner panel. I did do a check of the ICC switch and it works like it should. What I did discover yesterday was the plug on the light switch was intermittent. Just blind luck a friend was wiggling the headlight plug and the clearance lights blinked on for a moment. Going to clean the terminals today and see what happens. Thanks for the input, Bill.
Old 06-20-2024, 04:37 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Neillsville , Wisconsin
Just an update for those interested, the problem with the clearance lights was in the headlight switch, not the ICC. I bought a new light switch and all are working great. Thanks for the support.