Old 11-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1975 26' Argosy 26
London , Ohio
For the time being the 16.5's will have to do, but this winter I am going to try the set of 16 wheels and tires I have and see how they fit. Still studying the 19.5's if they would fit OK and how hard it would be to scare up a good set of rims that would fit. I saw a service van the other day that belongs to a local school district , looked like what I am thinking of, But I bet they would miss them Monday mourning (Ha Ha) . Regardless of what size wheels I use I would like a 31-33" Dia. tire to keep the RPM down. But still got some little issues first air bags, belts on the engine ,service engine and a bunch of tinkering. But frist I got to get my farming done if will quits raining
slow-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow-canoe
Frist I got to get my farming done if will quits raining
Since your part of the country gets rain and snow, check all the exterior gaskets.

The window gaskets, that is the vertical seal, the trim seal and the schlegal channel and the gasket on the rear window. Also check the compartment gaskets and most importantly, the sewer vent pipe gaskets under the sewer vent pipe covers that are on the roof.

Keeping the water out allows you to tinker with other things depending on the time and money you can spend for repairs.

Keeping unwanted water out, pays many dividends.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote