Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Argosy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Replacement early type Argosy front valances

Not wishing to detract from Brad's thread on his 20ft rebuild and the thread on his valance repairs, but this morning he dropped off his front valance at a fiberglass molding/fabrication company.

The company is going to take a reverse mold from his valance, which can then be used as a plug for replacement front valances for the early (round light, 1974-76) Argosy motorhomes (and we get the added bonus that Brad's valance is the unique 'with air scoop' design).

Assuming this goes OK, we are going to initially get a couple of new, fiberglass (rather than the original ABS), front valances made.

We will have the mold available, if others want to get a valance made in the future (and the company making the molds is happy to make future units), but I thought appropriate to reach out and see if anyone needs a valance now and wants to add to the initial order?

The initial cast is going to cost approx $1700, with each 'print' in the order of $700 (these prices could change although the company is stressing not hugely), obviously plus shipping. For those adding to the initial order, the cost would just be the cost of manufacture of their part (plus shipping) - I'm not looking to get the cost of the cast back at this point (maybe those 'using it' in future could make a contribution)

So.....any takers?
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
I thought I would add an update to this offer. The first valance has been pulled from the new mold and the second valance will likely be done in a couple of days. Either later this week or sometime early next week I will be driving down to Corbin to pickup the new front valances and will likely be picking up the mold at the same time. If anyone would like a new valance, now would be a good time to mention it as it would be a lot easier to leave the mold there and have him produce another one rather than have me run it back and forth.

Here's the link to the mold fabrication thread: Fiberglass front valances

And here's a picture of the new valance
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8896.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	259170

The valance is actually laying upside down at the moment. The air scoop should be on the bottom

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #3
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Just mentioning....the way you're buying up all the Argosy's, you're going to be your own best customer.

Fantastic work guys, awesome job. I'd be contacting Andy to see if he wants to stock a few.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote