Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Antlers , Oklahoma
Question on Flooring

In some of my initial reading on the subject of reconditioning an Airstream TT it stated to get the best price (if you ever wanted to sale your TT) keep it as original as possible. If you have to replace something, try and keep it in the same time era. But, when I look at a lot of the projects I see things as hardwood flooring and other types of flooring. Mine, I am almost sure is original, has shag carpet from the 70's. I would rather it have a different type of flooring and I plan on doing a lot of the work this fall. What are the thought's of the forum. Carpet, lino or hardwood. Lino will be the lightest, I think, but probably not the best choice. I do not want to go back in a few years and do it again. Thanks In Advance for the input.
mwells4654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Its a personal choice

I wanted the same things as you. Marmoleum (spelling) was my first choice, but way to expensive for what I had in mind. I had done one in Pergo...to heavy and looked like every body else. I finally went with Armstrong square tiles...industrial (don't be scared off by that word) square tile available at Home Depot. A good selection of colors that mimic the old original flooring. I like the final look and function. Then I just use small area rugs for color and warmth. Easy to keep clean too.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote