Gaucho Zone Pix? Need Ideas
Thanks so much for any ideas or especially pictures of how you are using this space! Or share your ideas for us.
The PO removed the gaucho and so ours is an open slate. Our primary desire is to have a third place sleep in our 1970 Overlander.
Here's a few more details:
• The AS does not travel*; it has happily stayed in our backyard for two plus years.
• We aren't talented enough to custom build something ourselves;
• If necessary we could hire someone to custom build it, but quick and cheap would serve our needs for now;
• Is there even an ikea sofa bed frame or something we could put up front in the "gaucho zone" given that we are in a fixed location?
• I assume finding something light weight is the key if we were to attempt store-bought;
• Second goal is to have a little seating area with table, thus the desire for a sofa at times in this space instead of just a bed;
• Do DIYers ever share their plans/dimensions, or is it something you just have to measure and figure out on one's own?
*Why haven't we hit the road in it yet? (We never bought a tow vehicle, in part because we love camping in our wilderness backyard, but also we aren't ready to spend $$ on TV and the reno costs just yet.)
Love the forums. I'm amazed at what others have done with their vintage overlanders - very inspiring!