Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Just put some water in it and see where it ends up!!!!!!!!!!! Then it will only take you about 2 minutes to figure out what it is.....

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #22
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Front Window stuff

Looks like you already have a drain like the one Andy is describing. It may be clogged or something. Look at the wing window in the lower left portion of the frame. Is that a hole drilled in there? Also, that is not your original window and frame. Or at least it's different from mine. Once you get the water out of there, you can seal around the outside of the window frame with Vulkem or Sikaflex to prevent water getting back in.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Mystery #3

Could this be a compressed air port for blowing the water out of the water lines before winterizing or a port to add antifreeze? Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:14 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I have a 1976 Sovereign and it came with drain holes on every window with metal tubes running from the inside to the outside; however, I don't have double pane windows on mine. Last Winter I questioned why I had 2 holes in EVERY window frame and was told I must fill them in because trailers of that year didn't come with drain holes. I didn't listen and after careful inspection found that I did indeed have drain hole that I left just as I found them. Here are pictures of where mine are placed. I don't know if you can see the small metal tubes running through the frame to the outside, but it's there. I wish I had this arrangement on the vista-view windows as they get condensate in them at times. These pictures show me putting a wire through the hole to see where it came out inside the trailer. I have, of course, cleaned the rust off and flushed the drains now that I know they were supposed to be there. That last picture is of the inside window sill. I can take better pictures if you would like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00749.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	66850   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00750.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	66851  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00752.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	66852  
Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Since you mentioned a polarity light, I recently did a search here but found no mention of the polarity light as a potential hazard. I found an article from the July 1993 Vintage Airstream newsletter that recounts an Airstream owner being severely shocked while in Mexico due to a reversed polarity situation and the suggestion that the polarity light caused the hazard. Does anyone know if there's any validity to this device being a problem - and if yes, should it be removed or modified?

Also, regarding #3, is it possibly a black water cleanout/flush system? I remember seeing a similar fitting in an ad for a flush-out system.
AirConditioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #26
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Polarity light.

The trailers that have the polarity light, be it inside or outside, have never been a problem, as long as the owner was aware of it's purpose.

There has been a very few exceptions to that, when someone has rewired the trailer, and changed the polarity light, to be a pilot light.

Unfortunately, lack of a polarity light, has caused some problems, especially in older campgrounds.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote