Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #41
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventport View Post
There must be a support group somewhere for "poor stupid old drug addled degenerates". The NAAPSODAD.

Hmm...Can we refine just the definition of 'addled' part? That's where I am unsure of the defining characteristics. from an academic standpoint, you understand.

62Overlander is right, an addict needing it would walk to your place and break in if he thought he could find a spec of dope in there....sounds like the police already know this guy. Might be in your best interest to let them know that he might think you have his dope.

and purman....all I can say about that is that it is heartening to hear that hope does indeed spring eternal.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
Hmm...Can we refine just the definition of 'addled' part? That's where I am unsure of the defining characteristics. from an academic standpoint, you understand.

62Overlander is right, an addict needing it would walk to your place and break in if he thought he could find a spec of dope in there....sounds like the police already know this guy. Might be in your best interest to let them know that he might think you have his dope.

and purman....all I can say about that is that it is heartening to hear that hope does indeed spring eternal.
I agree, this could get ugly on a couple of levels.
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
What makes you think it's Bob's? Could have been put there by any number of visitors to that spot over a period of years. Could have happend at a campsite miles away with previous owners.

I think Y'all are stereotyping that poor stupid old drug addled degenerate.
Now that's funny.
jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #44
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
trading Bob his stash for the trailer keys might be a nice move politically and heal what I fear is becoming a strained relationship between you and Bob. Illegal, of course, but in the interest of peace and harmony...I thought that greatly simplified....you basically found some of his property mistakenly left in the trailer he sold.

It's just that I was thinking it over, and in my own experience, when the police get involved in these personal disputes, it only results in a temporary lull in an escalating animosity. They threaten, and even arrest, but 24 hours later it's uglier than it started. Dope for keys might settle it amicably, and once and for all.

His knowledge that you know about the dope, and didn't turn him in, might also calm his anxieties a little, and might also serve as a deterrent for any further aggression on his part.

This is not me advocating any specific course of action that would be counter to the laws of the great state of....

no no....just me thinking out loud. I live in a different place. Nobody calls the cops here for anything. Gets too expensive, the cops keep the dope, and everybody else stays mad.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
I wouldn't want anything more to do with him... he's probably so strung out that he doesn't remember who you are...

I'd either dispose of it, or call the police to take it away...
Go forward, not back!
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #46
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
As for the title, who did sign it? Was it the relative who had signed it before you got there? Can he write? Can Bob write?

As for the controlled substance, it might be milk powder or something else that looks like crack, meth or other such powders. You could test it, but covering yourself by contacting the police is another answer. Dogs can detect odors we can't—that's why they use them. Certainly a thorough cleaning is called for anyway. However, a police report will have your address and Bob might be smart enough to obtain a copy (if he can read). Your local police may not want to bother contacting Bob since he's 80 miles away. The presence of an item does not prove who owns it, only infers it, and they don't have a chain of custody so the chances are they won't follow up. The police may know how to get rid of the odor you can't smell.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Bothell , Washington
I'm sure you've already decided that Bob is a long gone issue at this point. My only issue here would be the lingering smell/toxins in the cushons and the like. I would consider everything made of fabric to be toxic and treat it as such.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
While you were gone Bob spent all the money.

Bet I know what he spent the $1500 on.

Probably spent it next door at his neighbors.

The neighbor realize he could have gotten more for the trail and brought more products from him.

Bob then proceeded to used what he bought "after losing some in the trailer while moving it.) and decided he needed more. thus wanting more money to buy more products.

Thats better than the pack of (unused Condoms) I found in my trailer that I bought from a 80 year old lady...
So funny!
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #49

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
Hmm, maybe you should call him op (or drop by in person) and tell him that his stash was poor quality and that he ought to get a new dealer. THAT should make him in debt to you forever!
GREENovaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #50
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
I was in so. AZ last summer in Bisbee, Sierra Vista, Benson area. Just a heads up regarding checkpoints with dogs in border areas. I was stopped and checked numerous times on the trip, with the dogs present at about a third of the checkpoints (walking around vehicles sniffing). Probably ten stops in all in a week period.
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
That'll teach me

Just read this whole thread. And I thought this forum was getting a little BORING. Heck. Now THIS is a story.

That'll teach me..... wait did I say that before.... wait... teeth...
Old 07-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #52
Airstream Fanatic

1976 31' Sovereign
1959 17' Pacer
1965 26' Overlander
Bismarck , North Dakota
Wink Eighty year olds

Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
While you were gone Bob spent all the money.

Bet I know what he spent the $1500 on.

Probably spent it next door at his neighbors.

The neighbor realize he could have gotten more for the trail and brought more products from him.

Bob then proceeded to used what he bought "after losing some in the trailer while moving it.) and decided he needed more. thus wanting more money to buy more products.

Thats better than the pack of (unused Condoms) I found in my trailer that I bought from a 80 year old lady...

Ah, eighty year old people need love too.....and protection!
Sandy
ND10CentCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Hey, at least the condoms were unused. Used ones would have been another story... but there wouldn't be the potential for police involvement that there currently might be!

Kay
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #54
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi View Post
I was in so. AZ last summer in Bisbee, Sierra Vista, Benson area. Just a heads up regarding checkpoints with dogs in border areas. I was stopped and checked numerous times on the trip, with the dogs present at about a third of the checkpoints (walking around vehicles sniffing). Probably ten stops in all in a week period.
That's why we never go near the southern border. Checkpoints are a pain and the Border Patrol (or whatever they call it now) can do anything they want regardless of the 4th Amendment. Now that they have so many more employees and all those dogs, they have to do something with them. Illegal immigration is almost zero and otherwise they have nothing to do but stop RV's and look around while you are trying to get somewhere.

Gene
Old 07-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
The condoms were never owned by that 80 year old lady. They originally were her husband's. He did a lot of hunting and fishing with the guys.
aftermath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
The condoms were never owned by that 80 year old lady. They originally were her husband's. He did a lot of hunting and fishing with the guys.
HEY! That's part of the man-code. We should never speak of it again.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #57
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Deliverance?

Gene
Old 07-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Deliverance?

Gene
Ummmm.....wrong code.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #59
4 Rivet Member

Northern Illinois , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND10CentCan View Post

Ah, eighty year old people need love too.....and protection!
Sandy
Sandy:

How do you know; oh I seeee. Never Mind

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #60
4 Rivet Member

Northern Illinois , Illinois
Quote:
They originally were her husband's. He did a lot of hunting and fishing with the guys.
Hunting and fishing for what????

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote