Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2020, 07:40 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Parts Available In Canada?

Does anyone know if there is a vintage Airstream parts supplier in Canada? I have a 68 Sovereign, looking for Canadian supplier to avoid shipping costs.

Thanks
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
give a call to andy and CANAM in london ON.
https://www.canamrv.ca/

he may be able to help you
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Thanks!
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 04:43 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
whitby , Ontario
I am in the same boat as you

Hello,
I am trying to rebuild a 1972 Overlander and it’s not easy, but going on forums, talking to people who have actually rebuilt these land yachts has helped. I am just starting the process and it’s a huge learning curve. I have fixed Glendales, other vintage trailers but this is much m challenging because it’s a beast. I was told that for the windows it’s significantly cheaper to buy tinted plexiglass then new windows. We ripped out our carpet and plan to install vinyl flooring which is easy to install. We have a guy looking over it currently and so far the propane works but is leaking on outside, the hydro was working but now isn’t, waterline can’t even be tested because hookup is missing (!), windows are scratched, no rock guards, exterior lights broken or covers missing, window treatments ruined by mice, plumbing looks ok but who knows, no grey tank (no surprise!), both couch/ bed areas need replacing, need massive oven removed, etc. All this will take time and lots of money but I look at this as an investment. I saw on Instagram that someone got tired of polishing the aluminum every year so they put a ‘skin’ on it. It looks amazing! So we can spend a fortune on it or try to be saavy and hopefully diy or salvage used parts. I am hoping that the fridge will work, but I will buy a used one since new ones are thousands of dollars!
Let’s hope between the two of us we can find resources and supplies. I am ordering through Etsy new curtains and I get to pick the fabric. I am hoping it’s around $700 USD but I am waiting on the quote from her.
Wall.E is offline   Reply With Quote