Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I don't even do Schedule A any more! NOt worth the effort. And, really, it was not about the money at all, but rather about passing on a little treasure that some younger people will enjoy for, well, I hope years to come! In any event, the folks I gave it to are planning to donate to the organization not with cash, but rather with volunteer hours. Best gift they could give, and it's enough!

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoTrvlr View Post
Nice offer but from a purely financial perspective you would be better off either donating it yourself to the charity of your choice or selling it and donating the proceeds in your name. That way you get the tax deduction on your Schedule A for the donated cash or value. Why not maximize your tax savings in the process?
Old 10-05-2020, 09:12 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Cumming , Georgia
I wanted to take a minute to update this thread that Lynn started a few weeks ago. We just got back to Georgia from our wild cross country trip to New Mexico. It's hard to believe, but we are the new owners of a 1967 Airstream 30' International Sovereign Land Yacht. The only sad part is, there isn't really anything to fix Lynn has taken great care of the camper for the 30 years he's had it, and we plan to continue the adventure. Other than some cosmetic updates, there's not much needed.

I'll update my profile with the new trailer, and to continue the blessing, we handed over our 1972 (other brand) rehabbed travel trailer to a family here in Georgia. There are a lot of problems in our world today, this will be a bright spot we will always remember. The picture is of the trailer in White Sands National Monument in New Mexico. If you haven't visited the state, it is worth a trip. Very pretty, unique topography, diverse culture, and abundant sunshine.

Thank you again Lynn! We'll talk soon.

orangekayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:25 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Cumming , Georgia

Not sure if the picture worked. I'm still new to this thing! Also, we didn't get to volunteer at the clinic like we planned. They weren't comfortable with the current covid situation, so we set up some recurring donations like Lynn requested. All in all, a wonderful couple weeks.

P.S. 30 foot trailers are LONG. My biggest achievement was not turning too sharply and destroying a gas pump, small car, tree, or other valuable object
orangekayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I see a familiar trailer in your avatar!!

You really do need to swing WIDE, especially on right turns when you're closest to the curb and turning into it.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekayak View Post

Not sure if the picture worked. I'm still new to this thing! Also, we didn't get to volunteer at the clinic like we planned. They weren't comfortable with the current covid situation, so we set up some recurring donations like Lynn requested. All in all, a wonderful couple weeks.

P.S. 30 foot trailers are LONG. My biggest achievement was not turning too sharply and destroying a gas pump, small car, tree, or other valuable object
Old 10-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Very nice for the update. As you said there's a lot of crazy things going on in this world right now. Good to know that in many of our hearts we're still good and decent people wishing blessings on others.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:14 PM   #26
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Lynn,

I didn't know about Maria. Sorry to hear about her passing. We stayed at your (former) CG years ago and were parked behind you at one of the balloon rallies. Glad we got to meet her and you more than once. Your generosity is notable. Hope you are well.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote